Photoshop has good features and is the most used professional image editing software. It is available to users by subscription. Photoshop’s photo editing features are not available in other programs. Some Photoshop users are reporting that they are seeing the “GPU not detected” error in Photoshop. In this guide, we have several solutions to help you fix the problem and use Photoshop normally.
Adobe Photoshop GPU Not Detected
If you see on Detected Graphics Processor: Unable to detect information Photoshop, video card or processor are not detected. The following methods may help you fix this.
- Update your graphics drivers
- Update photoshop
- Enable legacy composting or multithreaded composting in Photoshop
- Set Photoshop to maximum performance in the GPU Control Panel.
Let’s dive into the details of each method and fix the problem.
1]Update your graphics drivers
For any multimedia applications or games to run smoothly, graphics drivers need to be updated regularly to the latest versions. The latest versions have better performance and fix issues that were introduced in previous versions.
To update graphics drivers in Windows 11/10,
- Open Settings application by clicking Win+I
- Choose windows update from the left sidebar
- Press advanced optis Right side
- Select on Optimal updates Right side
- Expand Driver updates to see if any graphics or other driver updates are available. If there are updates available, install them.
Alternatively, you can download compatible drivers from the manufacturer’s website or use a third-party program to update graphics drivers.
There is a possibility that the GPU Not Detected Error could be caused by bugs in a previous Photoshop update or corrupted files. Updating Photoshop to the latest version will fix this.
To update photoshop,
- Open photoshop and click Help
- Then select updates from the options. The Adobe sign-in page opens in your default web browser. Log in and download the latest version from there and install it.
Here’s how you can update Photoshop and fix the “GPU not detected” error.
3]Enable legacy composting or multithreaded composting in Photoshop.
Adobe has introduced Legacy Composting to Photoshop to use when users encounter any issues while using the feature. It enables required features and disables others while you use Photoshop after enabling legacy composting. In the latest versions of Photoshop, they have removed the deprecated composting and replaced it with multithreaded composting. They both have similar features that you can use when you run into performance issues in Photoshop. There are huge chances that this can fix an undetected GPU bug.
To enable legacy composting or multithreaded composting in Photoshop, click Edit in the menu bar and hover over Preferences. Then select performance. The settings window will open. There you will find Legacy or Multithread composting. Click the button next to it to turn it on. Then click OK.
4]Set the Maximum Performance option to Photoshop in the GPU Control Panel.
Each GPU has a dedicated control panel, such as the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon Software, that allows you to make changes to its behavior and change performance modes. You can change the performance mode of certain applications in these control panels. To fix the GPU not detected issue, you need to set Photoshop’s “Performance” option to “Maximum Performance”.
To set Photoshop for maximum performance in the NVIDIA Control Panel,
- Right-click on the desktop and select Show advanced options. Then select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel, click on Manage 3D Settings.
- You will find two tabs, global settingsAnd Program Settings under I would like to use the following 3D settings. Press Program Settings.
- Now click the dropdown button under Select a program to customize and select Adobe Photoshop (photoshop.exe) from the list.
- Click the dropdown menu under Select the preferred graphics processor for this program and select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
The options may differ in your GPU’s control panel, but they all have similar words.
These are the various methods through which you can fix the Adobe Photoshop GPU Not Detected Error.
How to fix undetected Photoshop GPU?
There are various methods by which you can fix the Photoshop GPU Not Detected error. They update graphics drivers, update Photoshop, enable legacy composting or multi-threaded composting, or set Photoshop to high or maximum performance in GPU settings.
We hope this article helped you with your undetectable Adobe Photoshop GPU. If you have any other questions, we will be happy to answer yours; please contact us in the section below. Don’t forget to share useguide.net with family and friends!