In this article, we will show you some solutions to resolve the Starfield error code 0xc0ea0001. This error occurs due to corrupted or missing game files, corrupted cache, etc. It also occurs due to the problem with the gaming service app.
Fix Starfield Error Code 0xc0ea0001
Use these fixes to resolve the Starfield couldn’t launch, Error code 0xc0ea0001.
- Restart your computer
- Restart the Xbox app
- Troubleshoot in a Clean Boot State
- Check the status of the required services
- Reinstall your game
1] Restart your computer
Restarting the computer can be helpful to fix this issue. This step can fix minor problems. We suggest you restart the computer and see if it resolves this issue. After restarting your computer, launch your game.
2] Restart the Xbox app
You should also try to relaunch the game. To relaunch your game, you need to go through these instructions:
- Close the game
- Now, close the Xbox app. After that, open the Task Manager and terminate all running instances of the Xbox app. You will see the Xbox app under the Processes tab.
- Now, open the Services Manager and locate the Gaming Services.
- Now, right-click on the Gaming Services and select Restart.
- Open the Xbox app and launch the game.
3] Troubleshoot in a Clean Boot State
It might be possible that a third-party background application or service is conflicting with the Xbox app due to which you are experiencing this error. Start your computer in the Clean Boot state and launch the game. If the error does not pop up on your screen, a third-party application or service is responsible for this error. Now, you have to identify that problematic application or service.
4] Check the status of the required services
Some users have reported that they fixed this error by restarting the services mentioned below.
- IP Helper
- Xbox Live Auth Manager
- Xbox Live Game Save
- Xbox Live Networking Service
- Gaming Services
The following instructions will help you check the status of these services.
- Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- Scroll down the list of services and find the required services.
- Check the status of these services. All these services should be running. If any of these services is not running, right-click on it and select Start.
This should work. If the services are already running, you can try restarting all of them and see if this works.
It is possible that the services you have started manually may not start automatically the next time you boot your computer. In this case, you may encounter the same error the next time. For this, set the Startup type of the above-mentioned services to Automatic (Delayed Start).
- Right-click on the services one by one and select Properties.
- Select the General tab.
- Click on the Startup type drop-down and select Automatic (Delayed Start).
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Restart your computer and launch the game.
5] Reinstall your game
If you’re still facing the issue, then we suggest you reinstall your game. Make sure that you have a backup of your saved game data to the cloud before you uninstall the game.
That’s it. I hope this helps.
Why won’t Starfield let me play?
If you are experiencing issues with Starfield like it is not responding or not launching, there may be many causes for this. For example, corrupted graphics card drivers, corrupted game files, outdated Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, etc.
Is Starfield on GeForce Now?
Yes, Starfield is now available on NVIDIA GeForce Now. You can play it on GeForce Now. Login to GeForce Now with your registered account and start playing the Starfield game.
Read next: Xbox app not opening or working on Windows.