Minecraft never shies away from replicating the real world. So, I was not surprised when I learned Minecraft allows one to breed cows. In this post, we will see how you can breed cows in Minecraft, where you can find them, and more. So, if you are interested in breeding cows or the perks it entails, this post is for you.
How to breed Cows in Minecraft
Cow passive mobs are not very rare. One can find them in a lot of places, such as grassy biomes. Just like in the real world, they are really useful, especially to satisfy your appetite. The cows not only provide meat but also leather, commonly used for crafting. Moreover, one can fill a bucket with milk by using it on a cow, which can later be consumed to eliminate all status effects.
In order to breed cows in Minecraft, one needs to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Find resources to start breeding cows
- Look for cows in Minecraft
- Steps to Breed Cows in Minecraft
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Find resources to start breeding cows
In order to breed cows, one needs to have wheat. They are usually found in village farms; just go there and pluck out ready-to-harvest wheat. However, if you want, you can grow wheat yourself as well. You don’t need a lot of them. In order to a cow, you need one wheat. However, it’s good practice to collect a bunch of them.
2] Look for Cows in Minecraft
As mentioned earlier, Cows are probably one of the most common passive mobs in the game. You will find grazing the pastures in pretty much every grassland biome in Minecraft. If you explore the grasslands in Minecraft, you’ll come across grazing pastures with groups of 2-4 cows. The number of cows may vary depending on the version you’re playing. However, it’s important to note that cows do not spawn in snowy plains, meadows, mangrove swamps, or wooded badlands.
Just like in the real world, you will be able to find cows in villages. You can go there and find cows along with other passive mobs. If you go to the Butcher’s house pen, you will find some there as well.
In order to carry a cow, hold wheat in your hand, and they will start following you. One can use boats and minecarts to do the same as well.
3] Steps to Breed Cows in Minecraft
Now that we have accumulated all the prerequisites, it’s time to start breeding Minecraft cows. To do the same, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Take hold of a hot bar, place a wheat in it, and select it.
- Now, approach a cow and right-click on it; heart-shaped blocks will start forming.
- You then have to reach another adult cow and do the same. They, too, will have imbue love.
- The two processed cows will come close to each other to mate and after a little while, a calf will spawn.
So that was how you can breed a cow in Minecraft. If you have extra wheat, which you should have as instructed earlier, right-click on the calf and feed it. It will allow the cow to grow quickly.
What are the advantages of breeding cows in Minecraft?
Breeding cow is as lucrative in Minecraft as it is in the real world. Therefore, let us look at some of the things you can get from a cow.
- Beef: When you kill a cow using a sword, it gives 6 beefs. They can be cooked and eaten as it is one of the best foods one can find in Minecraft, especially if it becomes steak. Do keep in mind that if your sword has some fire addon attached to it, cutting the cow will directly yield you Steak.
- Leather: Killing a cow with a sword will also give you 5 leather, along with 6 beef as aforementioned. This can be used to craft a lot of items in Minecraft.
- Milk: If you don’t want to kill a cow, just get hold of a bucket and milk a cow. When raiding an ocean monument or battling pillager patrol captains, milk can prove to be a highly beneficial resource.
Do you need two cows to breed Minecraft?
Yes, in order to breed a cow in Minecraft, one needs two cows and a wheat block. We need to give them wheat, which is nothing but their love portion, to make them breed. If you want to know more, check the aforementioned guide.
How do you breed cows fast in Minecraft?
Even though you can not breed cows fast, you can grow them quickly. To do the same, just feed them wheat and that will allow them to grow quickly. This will do the job for you.
Read Next: Best Sandbox Games like Minecraft.