This post will show you how to use Microsoft Copilot in Word. Microsoft Copilot is a tool developed by Microsoft leveraging the power of AI to provide intelligent suggestions and enhance the overall writing experience.
As an AI-powered tool, it can offer intelligent suggestions and improve the overall writing experience.
How to use Microsoft Copilot in Word?
Follow these tips to use Microsoft Copilot in Word.
1] By making modifications in Microsoft Word settings
- Open Microsoft Word and click on File at the top left corner.
- Click on Options, navigate to the Proofing tab and click on AutoCorrect Options.
- The Autocorrect tab will now open; here, navigate to the Smart Lookup tab.
- Check the Use Microsoft Copilot to help you with content creation option, and click on Ok to save the changes.
2] Enable Copilot in Microsoft Word using the Registry Editor
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, type regedit and hit Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Right-click on the Word key, click New, and select String Value option.
- Name the key Microsoft.Office.Word.CoPilotExperiment and hit Enter.
- Double-click on the newly created String Value and set its value to True.
- Click on Ok to save the changes.
Do note that you’ll need a valid Microsoft 365 subscription to proceed with these suggestions.
How do I enable Microsoft 365 Copilot in Word?
To enable Microsoft 365 in Word, navigate to File, click on Editor and select Settings in the Editor pane that appears. Click on Language under Personalize your editor and enable Suggestions with Copilot here.
Is Copilot available in Office 365?
Microsoft Copilot is available only in Office 365 apps like Word and PowerPoint for a limited private preview. It will be available for all Office 365 apps in the coming future.