Candidate selection now goes through an AI filter at many companies.
Between the professions that are going to disappear is that of the head of human resources. More and more companies place their trust in AI to make a first pre-selection of personnel before moving on to the human part of the company. For this reason, it is important to understand how do they work so we can tailor our resume to the machine’s own taste. Therefore, today we are going to explain the best tips for when we are going to use a app to make our resume
So you can fool an AI with your resume
Finding work in our profession can be something very difficult. On many occasions we end up in other sectors because ours, for whatever reason, does not give us the opportunity to access interviews. However, now we have a new bump in the road, since we find that the AI are going to be our new chiefs of staff. For this reason, it is important to take into account some advice that has been sent from the media daily mail so that we can “fool” the machines and make our CVs the first in the pre-selection of candidates.
The tips are as follows:
- Photos are not a good idea. If you create an image that shows your skills and your knowledge the AI will ignore the imageso it is better that you use a text format. Infographics are very pretty for an HR worker, but not so much for AIs.
- In the end, the most important thing is enter the keywords for the job you are applying for. It is interesting to put these keywords in the resume because it will attract the attention of the AI and make it focus on you. Unfortunately, you can’t go over the number of keywords either, as AIs are trained to eliminate these resumes.
- Simple designs, the important thing is to be understood. The more columns and confusing shapes you insert, the less successful your resume will be. The systems reward simplicity, so theirs is put the margins in the most usual way and go through the information with simple titles for each section. prettier is not better.
- Don’t use sarcasm or make unnecessary jokes. The AI doesn’t understand your mood.
- Don’t go too big. Making it too long or too short will deduct points against an AI.
Finally, there is a very important detail to take into account, but it is also important for those who
The fonts you use in your resume are important
This can be applied outside of the AI world as well. write a resume in comic sans is never a good idea. Classic fonts are the ones that work best and are liked by both HR managers and AIs. In the end, it is very important that what you are communicating is understandable.
Times New Roman is the choice that makes the most sense, but others like Arial, Calibri or Helvetica will also allow us to be understood quite easily.