In this guide we tell you what are the aspects that you should review when buying a screen protector for your phone.
Do you want to protect the screen of your mobile from scratches, fingerprints and falls? This is a complete guide on the different types of screen protectors available in the market. We show you how to choose the right one for your needs and explore key features of mobile screen protectors such as transparency, tactile feedback and case compatibility.
Typical Screen Protector Materials
Whether you have the mobile with the best screen or not, protect the panel from possible damage It is a good idea. The key to correctly choosing a screen protector is knowing what types exist. The normal thing is to classify them according to the construction material. Let’s see which are the most common.
When looking for a screen protector, PET ones are a popular choice. These protectors, made of plastic commonly used in other products, such as food packaging, are ideal for preventing scratches caused by metal elements.
The advantages of this type of protectors is that they are light, thin and affordable. Likewise, it is common for several to come in the same package. On the other hand, they are very rigid, so you will have a hard time installing them, unless they bring a tool. We recommend them if you have a cheap mobile and want to add an additional layer of protection to the screen.
TPU is a thermoplastic material that sticks to screen. It stands out for its elastic and flexible properties, which makes it ideal for curved screensas well as its resistance to scratches and deterioration. Without a doubt, they are a more complete option than those made of PET, due to their resistance and self-healing capacity.
Tempered glass protectors are highly resistant to shocks and scratches. However, it is important that you keep in mind that its rigidity usually plays tricks when impacts occur. It is not strange that if the device is dropped, it ends up breaking.
A typical characteristic of tempered glass for mobile phones is that they have a layer with oleophobic coverto reduce fingerprint smudges, and act as anti-reflective. Despite having different additional layers, they do not add too much thickness to the screen.
They are recommended when looking for a superior protectioneven if it is at the cost of spending a little more money on them.
Liquid sunscreens were once a revolutionary technology, but they have been losing popularity as a protection option. These protectors consist of the application of a liquid on the screenwhich then dries to form a protective film similar to TPU.
However, over time, liquid protectors have been relegated to the background, compared to other alternatives. Its application can be complicated and takes time to dry properly. In addition, the durability and resistance of the protective film generated by these products is inferior compared to other types of protectors available.
We do not believe that it is an advisable option, although, if you wish, you can still buy them in online stores, such as Amazon.
Other aspects that you should consider when buying screen protectors
Now you know what the typical materials for screen protectors are, something that will help you to a great extent to choose well. However, It’s not the only thing you need to know. Here are some additional aspects that you should not overlook:
- oleophobic layer. We consider the oleophobic layer to be an important feature in mobile screen protectors, as it helps repel fingerprints and oil, keeping the screen cleaner and making it easier to clean.
- Transparency. Transparency is essential in a mobile screen protector, since it allows a clear and sharp display of the contents on the screen without affecting the image quality.
- tactile feedback. It is essential that a mobile screen protector does not negatively affect the tactile response of the device. The best protectors allow for precise touch and multi-touch sensitivity, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Thickness. The thickness of the screen protector can be an important factor for some users. Some prefer thin cases that don’t add bulk to the device, while others seek extra protection with thicker cases.
- Combination with cover.: It is essential to consider the compatibility of the screen protector with the cases. Some protectors may have raised edges or interfere with the installation of certain types of cases, so it is important to make sure they are compatible.
- Privacy. There are protectors on the market that darken the mobile screen and make it difficult to view it from the sides. The intention is that other people cannot see what you are doing with the phone in public places, like the train or a coffee shop. If you decide on one of these protectors, remember that they penalize the display quality of the screen.
- Tools to facilitate installation. Some screen protectors come with tools like cleaning cloths, guide stickers, or applicators to make installing them bubble-free and hassle-free. Thus, the installation process will be simpler and more precise.
Taking all this into account, you will undoubtedly be successful in the next purchase of a screen protector for your phone.