In August 2018, Xiaomi’s POCO sub-brand released a POCO F1 smartphone in India running MIUI 9.6 Global Stable on top of Android 8.1 (Oreo). POCO F1 currently runs MIUI 11 based on Android 10, and has been reported to get MIUI 12 in the coming months. Xiaomi does not follow any set update frequency for MIUI Global Stable ROM but is updated on average once in 20-40 days.
So far MIUI updates have been carried out for the POCO F1:
[Sep 9, 2020]: Xiaomi finally started rolling out a stable update of Android 10 based MIUI 12 in India. The update comes with MIUI version 188.8.131.52.QEJMIXM, weighs around 1.9 GB in size, and brings security patch to August Android. [Link to Download]
• [Aug 10, 2020]: Xiaomi has finally begun rolling out Android 10 based MIUI 12 for selected Indian Pilot Testers. The update comes with MIUI version 184.108.40.206.QEJMIXM, weighs around 789 MBs in size, and brings security patch to Android from July. Notice that the update zip can not be flashed using recovery tool, because the update is only available for Pilot testers now.
• [Jul 15, 2020]: POCO began rolling out MIUI 220.127.116.11.QEJMIXM with Android security patch in June. The update has a weight of 154 MBs. [Link to Download]
• [Jun 10, 2020]: Xiaomi reveals MIUI 12 Global Stable Pilot for devices like POCO F1 research.
• [May 15, 2020]: Xiaomi released an Android 10-based MIUI 18.104.22.168.QEJMIXM protection patch for April Android. The update weights in size of 1.9 GBs. [Link to Download]
• [Mar 4, 2020]: Xiaomi resumed rolling out Android 10 based MIUI 11.06.0.QEJMIXM with Android security patch from February. The update weights in size about 1.9 GB. Those who already have Android 10 updates will receive 375 MB smaller Update with a security patch only for February. [Link to Download]
• [Jan 21, 2020]: Xiaomi began rolling out Android 10 based MIUI 11.04.0.QEJMIXM with Android security patch from January. The update weighs around 1.9 GB in size, carrying fixes for shade of notification, Game Turbo Optimization, and more. [Link to Download]
• [Oct 28, 2019]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 11 Secure 11.05.0.PEJMIXM with Android security patch in October. The update weighs about 1.8 GB in size and introduces new features such as system-wide Dark Mode, Digital Wellness, New Streamlined Interface, Fast Responses, New Dynamic Sound Effects, Revamped Settings Menu, Check out this post to learn more about MIUI 11 applications, Floating Calculator, Modified Mi File Manager and more about the phone. [Link to Download]
• [Sep 21, 2019]: Xiaomi has released an update to MIUI 10.3.8.0.PEJMIXM. The update is 158 MB in size and contains the September 2019 Android security patch. [Link to Download]
• [Aug 19, 2019]: Xiaomi has released an update to MIUI 10.3.7.0.PEJMIXM. The update is 300 MB in size, contains updates to Mi Cloud sync, and also contains July 2019 Android security patch. [Link to Download]
[24 July 2019]: Xiaomi has launched MIUI 10.3.6.0.PEJMIXM update. The update is 269 MB in size, contains notification fixes and also contains June 2019 Android security patch. Some say that the latency to the contact was unchanged. [Link to Download]
• [15 June 2019]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 10.3.5.0.PEJMIXM stable updates. The update is 387 MB in size, introduces new customization of the Lock screen clock, Wi-Fi protection enhancements, fixes for dual applications and includes Android security patch for May 2019. [Link to Download]
• [Apr 4, 2019]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 10.3.4.0.PEJMIXM with March security patch, this update introduced many features including 4k60fps video recording, Game Boost, Face Unlock for App Lock, Widevine L1 support for playing HD content on Amazon Prime Video and Hotstar, along with a few bug fixes and device enhancements.
• [Mar 9, 2019]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 10.2.3.0.PEJMIXM with mobile protection patch in February.
• [Jan 18, 2019]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 10.2.2.0.PEJMIXM with a security patch in December, the update introduced 960fps of slow motion video capture, and an improved low-light mode to boost camera performance.
• [Dec 10, 2018]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 10.1.3.0.PEJMIFI with November security patch, the update introduced Android 9.0 (Pie) to the smartphone along with incorporation of Google lenses into the MIUI Camera app and other bug fixes.
• [Nov 1 , 2018]: Xiaomi began rolling out MIUI 10.0.4.0.OEJMIFH with October security patch based on Android 8.1 (Oreo), MIUI 10 update brought big improvements such as Redesigned Notification Screen, Revamped Volume Sliders, Enhanced multitasking control, natural sound system and much more to the POCO F1.
Note that POCO follows a staggered roll-out, so the updates are distributed randomly to a small number of users and a wider roll-out normally takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs