This is a complete guide to get the most out of one of the best video editors, CapCut.
We have classified it as best free video editor to create stories and TikTok. And it is not by pure whim. CapCut is one of the applications of the moment, being the preferred video editor for a significant part of the users of social networks. But, if your thing is neither Instagram nor TikTok, you should know that with this tool you can also generate beautiful videos with your memories or presentations for work. It can with everything.
In the following sections we include some of the most interesting tricks if what you want is take full advantage of CapCut. We talk about its most hidden functions and ways to make your projects more amazing. Enjoy editing video with one of the best apps to edit on tiktok or on the platform that you like best.
Use CapCut from your computer
It may seem a little strange to you that on this website, dedicated mainly to the mobile world, we advise you to discard the one for Android and run it directly on your computer. But the truth is that with CapCut it can make a lot of sense.
To begin with, you should know that this video editing tool is cross-platform. That means that works equally well on a small screen as well as a large one. In fact, the functionalities it offers are the same on all devices. If it’s about making simple edits, running this software from the phone may be more than enough. Now, if your intention is to develop a heavy project, with many effects and video clips, nothing better than enjoying a wide interface, like the one shown in the following image:
In any case, you decide from where you start and edit your video projects. Of course, when it comes to working more comfortably and get the most out of CapCutwhich is one of the premises of this article, nothing better than sitting at your computer and enjoying this excellent tool.
Take advantage of AutoCut capabilities
After the above clarification, it is time to focus on CapCut for mobile devices. And, more specifically, in its Android application. We do it by talking about its function AutoCut. What is it for?
This is a fast and automated way to make videos with this app. To achieve this, it offers the user a series of templates that perfectly adapt to the selected photos and videos. They even come with background music to accompany them.
To use AutoCut in the CapCut application you must do this:
- Open the editing tool.
- next to the button New projectpress on AutoCut.
- Choose the videos and photos from the internal memory of your device. If you have them on a cloud service, make sure you download all the items first.
- Tap on Following.
- Choose a template with the selector below.
- In the event that there is none that convinces you, click on the top button more templates. Options other than those originally displayed appear.
- When the result convinces you, tap on Export to save the project to a video file.
Change the look of your photos or videos with filters
CapCut has a filter gallery that allow you to give a special touch to your videos and photos. We must not forget that this is a app to edit video. Once you’ve added the items you need to work on to the timeline, just select any of them and do the following:
- Slide the bottom options bar to the left.
- press on Adjust.
- Tap on filters.
- Select the filter that you like the most to apply it on the selected element.
Please note that some of the filters and effects are only available in the Pro version of CapCut. To unlock them, it is necessary to pay the amount of the monthly subscription. You have 7 days free trial. Take advantage of them for your editions.
put one video on top of another
With this application you will be able to place one video on top of another without too many complications. It also works with photos.
To put one video on top of another in CapCut do the following:
- Add a video to your project.
- press on Overlapan option that is located in the lower options bar.
- Tap on add overlay.
- Choose a video or photo from the gallery.
- Both videos will appear on the timeline, one on top of the other.
- Move the overlay video by tapping and swiping in the preview area. Likewise, it is possible to enlarge or reduce its dimensions by pinching on it.
How can you take advantage of this functionality? Here are some ideas:
- Videos with spoken explanations. You may want to add a small window to your video in which you appear explaining what is on the screen. This is very convenient if you want to produce video tutorials.
- Combine multiple elements in the same video. Overlay is supported for both videos and photos. By using this CapCut tool, it is possible to display several elements at the same time, as if you were dividing your computer screen. Any videos or photos you add are resizable and can appear as long as you want.
- Make a collage with CapCut. Collages are combinations of several photos (or videos) with different or equal measurements on the same canvas. Overlay is perfect for adding a variety of elements to the same scene.
Add stickers to your creation
CapCut includes a Huge sticker gallery. Thanks to the stickers, you will be able to give a special touch to your project and, in most cases, you will make it more fun. How to use this feature?
- With the video imported, scroll through the bottom menu until you find the command Stickers.
- At the top, select the category to add the sticker you like best.
- Tap on it to add it to the video.
- Without leaving the sticker selector, press on the picture icon with plus symbol. It is the one that points to the arrow in the image above.
- Choose an image from the gallery.
With this trick you can add CapCut stickers or a custom logo to your video. Do not forget extend the duration of the sticker on the timeline if you want it to appear throughout the entire video.
How to put a slow motion video in CapCut
Another of the functions that is integrated in CapCut is the one that facilitates the put videos in slow motion.
Do not miss these instructions, because they are really simple:
- Select the video you want to slow-mo by tapping on it in the timeline.
- In the lower options bar, click on Speed.
- Tap on Normal.
- Choose a value below 1x.
Additionally, you have another possibility. Instead of touching NormalCapCut offers the option Curve when changing the speed of a video. With it, you can apply dynamic variations of speed. Or what is the same, make a video go fast and, right after, slow. There are several combinations for the speed tool Curve.
How to add subtitles to video in CapCut automatically
This is one of the most popular utilities given to CapCut. Adding subtitles to your videos helps you reach all kinds of people, even those who have a hearing limitation. And best of all, this app is capable of generating them automatically. This function looks good, right?
Let’s see how to add subtitles in CapCut automatically:
- Import a video in which there is an audio track with voice.
- press on Textat the bottom of the screen, on the ribbon.
- Tap on automatic subtitles.
- Make sure you have choose the right language for your video and tap on Start.
- Once captions are added, you can edit them to improve their accuracy and remove transcription errors.
Apply effects on the voice
Let’s talk now about the possibilities that CapCut offers when it comes to modify the voice that comes in the audio track of a video. The application comes with several very attractive options and effects.
This is how you get to the voice effects in this video editor:
- Select a video from the timeline.
- Locate the section voice effects.
- Choose a category and click on one of the effects.
- Every time you change the effect, the video will play to preview the changes.
- Tap the confirmation button when you’ve found the perfect effect for your video’s audio.
Add a voiceover or background narration
We finish this guide on CapCut and the best tricks to take advantage of this video editor talking about the voice-over. This resource is widely used when creating video projects, as it allows explaining what appears on the screen and facilitating the understanding of the video being played. Without going any further, this tool will come in handy if your intention is to design an educational video.
This is how you add voiceover to a video in CapCut:
- In the lower options menu, tap on Audio.
- press on Engrave.
- Tap on the microphone button.
- Hold down the record button to record your voice as the video progresses.