This post will show how to make your Windows computer automatically detect LAN Settings. Configuring LAN settings is essential for ensuring seamless network connectivity. Doing so ensures that your devices effortlessly communicate with the network, optimizing performance and minimizing connectivity errors. Keep reading this post to learn how you can do it.
How to automatically Detect LAN Settings in Windows?
Follow these steps to enable the automatic detection of LAN settings:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Network & Internet > Proxy.
- In the Proxy section, you will find an option labeled Automatically detect settings; toggle the switch to enable this option.
Disablie Automatically Detect Proxy Settings
Now that we have enabled the automatically detect proxy settings option, let’s see how we can disable it using GPO and Registry Editor:
Disable Automatically Detect Proxy Settings using GPO
- Open the Group Policy Management on your Windows Server.
- Navigate to the following path:Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer
- Double-click on Automatically detect settings in the right pane.
- Select the Disabled option and click on Ok to save the changes.
Disable Automatically Detect Proxy Settings using Registry Editor in Windows
- Press Start, search regedit, and hit Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following path:
- Double-click on the AutoDetect in the right pane and set the Value Data as 0. If there’s no such key, create a new DWORD (32-Bit) Value and name it AutoDetect.
- This will turn off automatic proxy detection.
- Click on Ok to save the changes.
How do I auto detect LAN settings?
To enable automatic detection of LAN settings, open Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings. Here, make sure the Automatically detect settings option is enabled.
How do I enable auto detect settings in the registry?
To do so, open the Registry Editor and navigate to this path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. Double-click on AutoDetect key and set the value data as 0.