Are you getting the “SIGN IN” error on the Back 4 Blood game? A lot of Back 4 Blood gamers have reported getting this error when trying to access the game. When triggered, you will get the following error message:
The connection to the Profile Service cannot be established. Try again later.
This error is mostly reported on PC. However, it can also occur on your Xbox consoles. There can be different reasons for this error to occur. One of the primary reasons is that servers of Back 4 Blood are down at the moment. If that is true, you have no other choice than to wait for the server issue to be fixed from the Back 4 Blood’s team side. Apart from that, it can also be caused if your internet connection is not stable. Oher reasons for the same can be corrupted game files, out-of-date network drivers, and DNS server issues.
Now, if you are one of those receiving this error and are unable to play the Back 4 Blood game, follow this guide. In this post, we have discussed several fixes that will help you get rid of the error at hand.
Back 4 Blood SIGN IN Error, The connection to the Profile Service cannot be established
Here are the fixes you can try to resolve the SIGN IN error “The connection to the Profile Service cannot be established” on Back 4 Blood:
- Check Back 4 Blood’s server status.
- Clear Steam download cache.
- Verify integrity of game files.
- Perform a power cycle on your router/ modem.
- Update your network adapter driver.
- Change to Google DNS.
- Clear MAC address on your Xbox console.
1] Check Back 4 Blood’s server status
One of the most common causes of this error can be an ongoing server issue. The error is most likely triggered due to Back 4 Blood’s servers facing a server outage or they are being down under maintenance. If the scenario is applicable, you will have to wait until the error is resolved from the server end.
You can check the server status of Back 4 Blood using one of these free server-status detector tools. Apart from that, you can go to the official social media pages of Back 4 Blood and check for updates on server issue
In case the current server status of Back 4 Blood is up and running, the issue behind this Sign In error must be something else. So, you can try the next potential fix to resolve the “The connection to the Profile Service cannot be established” error.
2] Clear Steam download cache
The error might be facilitated due to oversized or corrupted downloads and other temporary files stored by Steam. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can try clearing the download cache on Steam to fix the error. Here is how to do that:
- Firstly, go to your Steam client and press the Steam > Settings option from the top left menu bar.
- Now, navigate to the Downloads tab.
- Next, locate the CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE button present on the right-hand side panel and tap on it.
- After that, click on the OK button on the next prompt and it will clear the download cache.
- Finally, relaunch the Steam client and open the Back 4 Blood game and see if the issue is fixed or not.
In case you still get the same error, you can move down to the next potential fix to resolve it.
3] Verify integrity of game files
In many cases, this error is caused due to corrupted and broken game files. So, if you are dealing with damaged game files of Back 4 Blood, you can try verifying the integrity of game files to fix the error. What it basically does is scan for corrupted and missing game files and replace such files with new good ones. You can follow the below steps to verify and repair game files on Steam:
- Firstly, open the Steam client and go to its LIBRARY.
- Next, locate the Back 4 Blood game and press the right-click on its game title.
- After that, from the appeared context menu, tap on the Properties option.
- Now, move to the LOCAL FILES tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files button to initiate game files’ verification.
- When the process is done, try reopening the game and check if the error is fixed or not.
Are you still facing the same error? No problem, try the next potential solution.
4] Perform a power cycle on your router/ modem
It could also occur due to issues with your router like a bad router cache. Hence, you can try performing a power cycle on your router and check if the Sign In error on Back 4 Blood is resolved or not. Here is how you can do that:
- Firstly, make sure your router is fully powered.
- Now, press the power button on your router and hold it until the device is switched off.
- Next, unplug your router from the main switch and leave it unplugged for at least 30-45 seconds.
- After that, put the power cords of your router back to the main switch and switch on the device.
- Lastly, connect to the internet and relaunch Steam and Back 4 Blood to check whether or not the error is fixed.
5] Update your network adapter driver
The error might be caused due to a network issue facilitated by a corrupted and outdated network driver. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can try updating network drivers to fix the error. Here are the methods you can use:
- You can use the Device Manager app to update your network adapter drivers. It is one of the common methods to update drivers on Windows PC.
- You can also update network drivers via the Settings app. Just open the Settings app using Win+I and then go to the Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional Update. Here, you can view all the available driver updates that you can download and install in a few clicks.
- If you prefer getting the latest driver from the official source, go to the official website of your device manufacturer and download the network driver’s latest version.
- In case you want to automatically update your network drivers, try a free third-party driver updater software.
If your network driver is updated and you still get the same error, move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
6] Change to Google DNS
If you are facing inconsistency with your default DNS server that is causing the error at hand, you can fix the error by switching to a reliable DNS like the Google DNS server. Here is how you can change to Google DNS Server on Windows PC:
- Firstly, open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows + R and then enter ncpa.cpl in it to open the Network Connections window.
- Now, choose your active internet connection and press the right-click on it.
- Then, select the Properties option from the appeared context menu.
- Next, in the Properties window, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and then click on the Properties button.
- After that, click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option and then use the below addresses
Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206 Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Next, move to the back screen, select the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) option, and press the Properties button.
- After that, choose the Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter the following addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888 Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Finally, click on the Apply > OK button to change to the Google DNS Server.
Hopefully, you won’t face the same error again.
7] Clear MAC address on your Xbox console
If you are facing the error on your Xbox console, try clearing the MAC address and see if it fixes the error for you. Here is how you can do that:
- Firstly, open up the guide menu by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Now, simply move to Settings > All Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Next, choose the Alternate MAC Address option.
- After that, press the Clear option.
- Finally, you will be asked to the console; simply select Restart.
See if this fixes the error for you.
Why does it say Profile service is in maintenance mode?
The “profile service is in maintenance mode” error message is shown when the Back 4 Blood servers are under maintenance. Hence, make sure there is no server issue. If there is one, you will have to wait for the issue to be fixed by the Back 4 Blood team.
How do I fix Back 4 Blood connection?
If you are encountering connection errors and issues on Back 4 Blood, try checking your internet connection and make sure you are using a stable one. Apart from that, you can also try verifying the integrity of game files, disabling crossplay, using a wired connection, etc.
Now read: Back 4 Blood keeps crashing on Windows PC.