Bitdefender Safepay is a feature of Bitdefender antivirus that protects users from all types of threats targeted at their banking data when they visit a bank’s website. By default, Bitdefender Safepay launches automatically every time you open a bank’s website in your web browser. But if for some reason, Bitdefender Safepay is not working on your Windows 11/10 computer, the solutions provided in this article will help you.
Why is Safepay not working?
If Safepay is not working on your system, you might have turned it off in Bitdefender settings. Another reason for this issue is the corrupted installation of Bitdefender. You can uninstall it completely and then install it again.
Bitdefender Safepay is not working on Windows 11/10
Use the following solutions if Bitdefender Safepay is not working on your Windows 11/10 computer.
- Check Bitdefender Safepay Settings
- Bookmark the bank’s website to Bitdefender Safepay
- Try another web browser
- Repair Bitdefender antivirus
Let’s see all these fixes in detail.
1] Check Bitdefender Safepay Settings
The first thing that you should do is check the Bitdefender Safepay settings. It is possible that you have accidentally turned off Bitdefender Safepay due to which it is not working when you visit a bank’s website.
Go through the following instructions:
- Launch Bitdefender antivirus.
- Select Privacy from the left side.
- Click Settings under Safepay.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Turn on the Automatically open Bitdefender Safepay switch.
If you want Bitdefender to remind you to turn on Safepay when you visit a bank’s website, you can turn on the Safepay notifications option.
2] Bookmark the bank’s website to Bitdefender Safepay
You can also bookmark the bank’s website to Bitdefender Safepay. The following steps will help you with that:
- Launch Bitdefender antivirus.
- Select Privacy and then select Settings under Safepay.
- Under the Safepay tab, click on the Launch Safepay button.
- Bitdefender Safepay will open in a separate window. Visit the bank’s website by typing its URL or name in the address bar in the Safepay window.
- Now, click on the Start icon in the address bar. A new tab will open in the Safepay window to add that website to your bookmarks list.
- Select the Automatically open in Safepay checkbox and then click Create.
- Exit Safepay.
Now, every time you visit the bookmarked website in your web browser, Bitdefender will automatically open it in the Safepay window.
3] Try another web browser
Did you try another web browser? If not, visit the bank’s website in another web browser and then see if Bitdefender Safepay launches automatically or not. If this works, Bitdefender Safepay is not working only on that particular web browser you were using. In this case, try clearing the cache and cookies of your browser. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys to open the Clear History popup in your browser. This shortcut to delete browsing history, cache, cookies, and other browsing data works in most web browsers.
If deleting the cache and cookies does not help, uninstall and reinstall the affected web browser.
4] Repair Bitdefender antivirus
You can repair the Bitdefender antivirus by reinstalling it. The process of reinstallation of Bitdefender does not require complete uninstallation. Repairing it can fix several issues. The process of repairing the Bitdefender antivirus is explained below:
- Open your Windows 11/10 Settings.
- Go to “Apps > Installed apps” or “Apps > Apps & features,” whichever option is available in your Settings.
- Look for Bitdefender Total Security or the version of Bitdefender that you have purchased.
- Click on the three dots and select Uninstall. Select Yes in the UAC prompt.
- Select Reinstall.
The above steps will reinstall Bitdefender antivirus on your system and apply your product settings automatically after reinstall. Restart your computer (if required). Now the problem should be fixed.
If the problem still persists, you need to contact Bitdefender support.
Is Windows 11 compatible with Bitdefender?
Yes, Windows 11 is compatible with Bitdefender. You need to purchase the required version of Bitdefender from the official website and then install it on your system.
That’s it. I hope this helps.
Read next: Bitdefender VPN not working on Windows.