Want to create beautiful animated charts or graphs? Here are the best free online graph and chart maker tools that let you generate animated graphs online. These websites provide a feature to visualize your datasets in the form of animated graphs. You can create bar charts, area graphs, pie charts, line graphs, doughnut charts, polar charts, scatter graphs, and many more graphs, and you can later animate them. These tools let you customize animation duration and other chart properties. Most of these tools allow you to export the graphs as a video or animated GIF. Or, you can also export and publish the animated graph to the web.
Let us now check out these free online animated graph makers.
Create Animated Graphs and Charts online free
Here are the free online tools that you can use to create an animated graph or chart online:
- LiveGap Charts
- BarChart Trace
- Flourish Studio
- Data GIF Maker by Google
Let us discuss the above free online animated graph makers in detail now!
1] LiveGap Charts
LiveGap Charts is a free online animated graph maker tool. Using it, you can create different types of interactive and animated charts. It provides a dedicated option to animate a particular type of graph. Just pick the kind of graph you want to create, enable the animation option, customize various animation options, and export the animated graph. It lets you create Area Chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph, Horizontal Bar Chart, Stacked Bar Chart, Stacked Horizontal Chart, Pie Chart, Doughnut Chart, Polar Area Chart, Step Chart, and Radar Chart.
It lets you manually enter the dataset that you want to plot. Additionally, you can also import your datasets from an existing Excel or CSV file. You can also customize various elements of the final chart such as title, subtitles, legend, color, segment, annotation, and animation. It lets you save the animated graph in the WEBM video format. Before exporting, it lets you edit the duration of the animated graph. Besides video, you can also save an animated graph as a PNG image.
How to create an animated chart using LiveGap Charts?
Try the below steps to easily make an animated graph using LiveGap Charts:
- Firstly, go to the LiveGap Charts website in a web browser.
- Now, click on the Make your Chart button to start creating a graph.
- Next, select the kind of chart you want to create from various available ones.
- After that, manually enter your dataset or go to the Data > Import option and upload an Excel or CSV file to import your dataset.
- As you import the dataset, it will display the respective graph. In the right-side panel, scroll down to the Animation option and enable it.
- Then, customize the animation options including rotation, scale, number of steps, animation effect, etc.
- Furthermore, you can also customize more chart options e.g., chart text, color, naming, legend, segment, etc.
- Now, click on the Animate button to animate your graph.
- Finally, press the save icon, choose the Video option, set the graph duration, and then click the Save video button to export the animated graph.
It is a great free online tool to generate animated graphs which contain a wide number of customizable chart templates. You can also export the data in a CSV file.
Try it here.
RELATED: How to make Graph Paper in Windows 11/10?
2] BarChart Trace
BarChart Trace is another free online tool that lets you create an animated bar chart. You can upload your dataset in Excel or CSV format and then generate an animated bar chart. Prior to that, you can also customize several chart options including animation duration, number of bars to display, and title of the chart.
Let us now check out the steps to create an animated bar chart online.
How to make an animated chart online with BarChart Trace?
You can follow the below steps to create an animated chart online using BarChart Trace:
- Firstly, head over to BarChart Trace’s website in a web browser.
- Next, browse and upload your input datset from an Excel worksheet or CSV file.
- Now, enter the animation duration, title, and number of bars to display.
- After that, tap on the GENERATE BAR CHART RACE button to animate the chart.
The disadvantage of this online tool is that it doesn’t provide an option to download the animated graph. You can online visualize the graph animation. However, it is an open-source animated graph maker. So, you can use its code to create animated on your website.
It supports a specific data format to create charts that you can check out here.
3] Flourish Studio
You can also try Flourish Studio to create animated charts online. It lets you create a variety of graphs including heatmaps, pictograms, scatter charts, 3D maps, hierarchy charts, and more. You get a dedicated chart editor in it that provides an Animation feature. You can customize the animation options as per your requirements to create a desired animated graph.
To add a dataset, you can enter manually or browse and import data from a CSV, Excel, TSV, JSON, or GeoJSON file. After uploading the dataset, it shows you the preview of the animated graph. You can customize the animation duration as per your need. Apart from that, you can edit the chart text, color, filters, background, number and date formatting, legend, annotations, label, etc. After customization, you can publish and share the graph online. It also lets you generate an HTML code to embed into your website.
How to create an animated chart online using Flourish Studio?
Here are the main steps to generate an animated graph online using Flourish Studio:
- Firstly, move to the Flourish Studio website, create a free account, and log in with the created account.
- Now, click on the New visualization option to make a new chart.
- Next, choose an animated graph type from the available ones that you want to create.
- Then, navigate to the Data tab present at the top and browse and upload your dataset from an existing file or enter the data manually.
- After that, move to the Preview tab to visualize the graph and customize it accordingly.
- Now, from the right-side panel, scroll down to the Animations option and enter the animation duration for the output animated graph.
- Finally, click on the Export & publish button present at the top right corner and publish your animated graph online.
The kind of graphs you can create with this online animated graph maker are:
- Line, Bar & Pie Charts, Projection Map, Scatter, 3D Map, Hierarchy, Line Chart race, Heatmap, Radar Chart, Pictogram, Table, Bubble Chart, Parliament Chart, and more.
It also lets you create a story with graphs and audio. You can use this free online animated chart maker by heading to its website.
4] Data GIF Maker by Google
Data GIF Maker by Google is the next free online animated graph maker on this list. It lets you create stunning animated charts that you can use in your presentations, reports, and other professional work. You can simply select a type of chart you want to create, add your data, and create an animated chart. It lets you create animated charts in the form of rectangles, circles, and racetracks.
Here are the steps to create an animated chart using Data GIF Maker by Google:
- Firstly, move to its website in a web browser.
- Now, select the type of chart you want to create.
- Next, enter the terms and respective values that you want to plot. You can plot up to four terms using it.
- After that, you will be able to preview the animated chart.
- Finally, press the Save GIF button to export and download the chart as an animated GIF.
It is a very basic online animated graph maker tool to create generic graphs with up to four values. You can use it here.
How do I make an animated chart for free?
To make an animated chart for free, you can use a free online tool. There are multiple options that you can find on the web. However, there are only a few free online animated graph generators that you can use. You can try a free tool like LiveGap Charts or Flourish Studio which are feature-rich online tools to make different types of animated graphs. We have shared some more free online animated chart maker tools that you can check out below.
How do you make an animation graph?
You can use a free online tool like Data GIF Maker by Google to create an animated graph. It lets you create an animated graph and save it as an animated GIF. You can check out the list below to know more tools to make animated graphs.
How do you animate a graph in PowerPoint?
To animate a graph in Microsoft PowerPoint, you can use its Animation tool. You can generate an animated bar chart, pie chart, line chart, and more in PowerPoint.