An ethernet is a great option for someone who likes an uninterrupted Internet connection. But to run for your LAN cable to work on your computer appropriate drivers are needed. Usually, these drivers are pre-installed on your system, but for some reason, they can go missing, so, in that case, we need to download the correct drivers from your manufacturer. In this article, we are going to see how you can download Ethernet Driver for your Windows computer.
How to download Ethernet Drivers for Windows 11/10?
Before we see how you can get the Ethernet drivers, you need to make sure that you are connected to the Internet. If your Ethernet is not working because of the lack of a driver, connect to a wireless network.
We are going to download Ethernet drivers from the following manufacturer.
Let us talk about them in detail.
If you want to download Intel LAN Driver, just go to intel.com and check if the version is what you need, and click Download. The driver will be downloaded just like that. Once the driver is downloaded, the only thing you need to do is extract the file and then install it. If you don’t know which driver to download, go to Automatic Driver and Software Updates and download the driver. You can also use Intel Driver and Support Assistant to do the same.
Lenovo, just like any other manufacturer has streamlined the process. They host all the drivers you need on their website. You just need to visit it and get the driver. The following are the steps you need to download the driver.
- Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com.
- Click on Detect Product or enter your serial number. If you don’t have Lenovo Service Bridge, you will be prompted to do the same.
- Navigate to Driver & Software > Manual Update.
- Go to Networking: LAN (Ethernet), and download the driver.
The driver will be downloaded in executable format, just install it and you will be good to go.
Similar to Lenovo, HP hosts its ethernet driver on its website. Just follow the prescribed steps and you will be able to download the Ethernet driver.
- Visit support.hp.com.
- Type your serial number and click Submit.
- Expand All drivers > Driver-Network.
- Download the Ethernet driver.
Note: If you can’t find the serial number, see the “Need help finding a serial number?” section on the HP support screen.
Dell users can follow the prescribed steps to download the Ethernet driver from Dell’s official website.
- Go to dell.com.
- Use your serial number to go to your device’s page or click Browse all products and select your system.
- Make sure that you are on the Drivers & Download tab.
- Expand Manually find a specific driver for your <laptop>.
- Look for Ethernet Driver and click on the Download button associated with it. If you are not able to find the driver, expand all the Network, Ethernet & Wireless drivers and read their Description. Sometimes, the “Ethernet” or “Wired” is not mentioned in the name.
Once the driver is downloaded, just install it and your issue will be resolved.
The following are the steps to download the Ethernet driver for your Asus computer.
- Go to asus.com.
- Enter your serial number and search or select your product from the drop-down options.
- You will be redirected to Driver & Utility page, there you will be asked to select your Operating System, so, do that.
- Go to the Networking section and click Show all.
- Now, look for the Wired Internet driver and download it.
This is how you can install the Asus ethernet driver on your system.
The following are the steps Acer users should follow to download Ethernet or LAN Driver.
- Visit acer.com.
- Enter your Serial number or select your device. And, then choose your Operating System.
- Expand Driver and download LAN Driver.
Once the driver is downloaded, just install it on your system and you will be good to go.
How do I install Ethernet driver on Windows 10?
So, now that you have downloaded the driver for the manufacturer’s website. It is quite easy to install them. Just go to the Download folder, where your driver is downloaded. Now, if it’s a ZIP file, then extract it somewhere and then run the setup file to install the driver. If it’s an EXE file, just install the driver by double-clicking on it and following the on-screen instructions.
Read: Where to download drivers for Windows computers?
Does Windows 11 support Ethernet?
Yes, Windows 11 just like its predecessor supports Ethernet connection. Ethernet may not be used by folks for normal tasks, but when it comes to gaming, WiFi can not beat the smooth and unhindered Internet of a wired connection. So, you should enable your Ethernet adapter and use it when needed.