If you are facing error code 0x800701E7 on your Xbox console, this post will interest you. Some Xbox users have reported experiencing error code 0x800701E7 when downloading an update on their consoles. The error code is followed by other error codes like 0x00000000 0x90070006, etc. Here is an error message that you receive with this error code:
There was a problem with the update
You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong. For help, visit xbox.com/xboxone/update/help
Not just while downloading system updates, a few users have reported receiving it when opening games. Now, there can be different reasons behind this error including network connectivity issues, corrupted cache, profile issues, etc. In any case, you can fix it using the solutions we have mentioned here.
Fix Xbox error code 0x800701E7
Here are the solutions that you can use to fix error code 0x800701E7 on your Xbox consoles:
- Check your network connection.
- Power cycle your console.
- Re-add your Microsoft account.
- Delete the Persistent cache.
- Perform an Offline System Update.
- Reinstall the problematic game.
- Factory reset your Xbox.
1] Check your network connection
Since the 0x800701E7 error occurs when downloading and installing updates, it could be very well facilitated due to a weak or unstable internet connection. Hence, do check your internet connection and ensure that it is working fine.
In order to troubleshoot network connectivity issues on the Xbox console, you can hit the Xbox button on your controller which will bring up the Guide menu. After that, navigate to the Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings option. Now, press the Test network connection option and follow the prompted instructions to complete the troubleshooting process. When done, check if the error has stopped or not.
2] Power cycle your console
If your network connection is fine, try restarting or performing a power cycle on your console to fix the error. It is an effective solution to get away with such error codes and problems. So, turn off your Xbox console, remove its power cord, wait for some time, plug your console back into the main switch, and then turn it on. Check if the error is resolved or not.
3] Re-add your Microsoft account
It might be the case the issues with your Microsoft profile are causing the error 0x800701E7 while installing updates on Xbox. Now, if the scenario is applicable, you can remove your account and then re-add it to check if the error is fixed. Here’s how:
- Firstly, make sure you are on the home screen on your Xbox console, and then hit the Xbox button on your controller.
- After that, choose your account and press the Sign out option.
- Now, press the Xbox button on your controller and go to the Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts option
- After that, choose the account you want to remove and click on the Remove button.
- Once done, sign into your Microsoft account and re-add your profile on your Xbox console, and then check if the error is fixed.
4] Delete the Persistent cache
The next thing you can do to fix Xbox error code 0x800701E7 is clear the persistent storage cache. You might be unable to download system updates due to a corrupted cache. So, clearing the persistent storage cache will help you get rid of the error. Here are the steps to delete the persistent cache on Xbox consoles:
- Firstly, press the Xbox button on your controller and then choose the Settings option.
- After that, move to the Devices and connections section.
- Next, go to the Blu-Ray option available on the right-side panel.
- Now, click on the Persistent storage option and tap on the Clear Persistent storage option. This will clear the persistent cache from your Xbox console.
- Finally, restart your console and check if the error is fixed.
5] Perform an Offline System Update
If you still can’t download system updates due to error code 0x800701E7, you can update your console offline. This should help you fix the error.
6] Reinstall the problematic game
If you are getting this error when opening a specific game on your console, you can uninstall and then reinstall the game. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, hit the Xbox button on your controller and choose the My games & apps option.
- Now, highlight the problematic game that you want to remove.
- After that, hit the Menu button on your controller and click on the Uninstall option from the appeared menu option.
- Next, follow the prompted instructions and complete the uninstallation.
- Once done, reinstall the game from the library.
7] Factory reset your Xbox
The last resort to fix the error is to reset your Xbox console to its original state. While doing so, I will recommend choosing the option to keep your games and app. If that doesn’t help, you may consider resetting your console while removing everything. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu and choose the Profile & system > Settings option.
- Next, click on the System > Console info section.
- After that, click on the Reset console option.
- Next, select Reset and remove everything or Reset and keep my games & apps.
- Finally, follow the prompted guide and reboot your console.
What is error code 0x800700B7 on Xbox?
The error code 0x800700B7 occurs while installing an Xbox-related app on Windows. You get the “We weren’t able to install the app” error message when this error code is triggered. To fix this error code, you can try installing the game or app on another drive or partition on your system. Besides that, perform SFC and DISM scans to fix corrupted system files, reset your Microsoft Store, clear the cache from your PC, or reinstall the Gaming Service.
How do I fix my Xbox startup error?
To fix the startup errors on your Xbox console, you can try launching the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. For that, power cycle your console and then press the Bind button and then the Eject button, and hit the Xbox button on your controller. When the Xbox starts, keep the Bind and Eject buttons pressed for 10-15 seconds. Once you hear the power-up tone a second time, the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter will be run. Besides that, you can update your Xbox in offline mode.