This post features different solutions to try to fix COD Vanguard 0x887A0005 Error. Call of Duty Vanguard is a popular first shooter game available for Windows. The game is highly popular among gaming enthusiasts due to its unmatchable graphics and completely unique gameplay. But this doesn’t mean that the game is free from problems. Many users have reported facing Error code 0x887A0005, The application has unexpectedly stopped working in the game. Worry not if you are also struggling with the same problem. Try the solutions below to get rid of the issue.
What causes COD Vanguard 0x887A0005 Error?
One of the major reasons behind the problem in the question is corrupted game files or game cache. The problem can also occur due to outdated graphics card drivers and a lack of administrative privileges. Thankfully, it’s very easy to troubleshoot this issue. Try the solution below to get rid of the problem.
Fix COD Vanguard 0x887A0005 Error
Below is a list of effective solutions to try to fix the Error code 0x887A0005, The application has unexpectedly stopped working in Call of Duty Vanguard on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Run the Game with administrative rights
- Turn off Texture Streaming
- Repair the Game
- Update Graphics Driver
- Change the Render Resolution
- Disable Sun Glare in the Game
Now, let’s take a look at all these solutions in detail.
1] Run the Game with administrative rights
One of the major reasons behind the problem in the question is the lack of administrative privileges. As it turns out, online multiplayer games like Call of Duty Vanguard require administrative rights to run without any issue. You can provide the administrative privileges by following the below steps.
- To begin with, head towards the folder where you have installed the game.
- Right-click on the Vanguard launcher, and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply > OK.
Restart the game and check if you are still facing the problem.
2] Turn off Texture Streaming
Another effective solution that has helped many users in the situation is to deactivate the texture streaming. You can deactivate this feature by opening the in-game graphic settings. In the graphics settings, deactivate On-demand Texture streaming.
Once done, restart the game and check if you’re still facing the problem.
3] Repair the Game
Battle.net is the launcher of Call of Duty Vanguard. It comes with a scan and repair feature that you can use to resolve any minor bug that is causing the issue in the game. To use this feature, follow the below steps.
- To begin with, open the Battle.net application.
- Select Call of Duty Vanguard from the list of installed games.
- Click on the Gear icon present next to the Play option.
- From the context menu, select Scan and Repair.
- In the following window, select Begin scan to start the scanning process.
Wait until the process is complete. Once done, relaunch the game and check if you’re still facing the problem. If yes, try the next solution on the list.
4] Update Graphics Driver
An oudated graphics driver is another major culprit behind the issue. You will have to download the latest graphics driver update to fix the problem. You can update the installed graphics driver by following the below steps.
- Download Driver and Optional Updates from Settings.
- Head towards the manufacturer’s website and download your driver.
- You can use free driver update software.
After updating the driver, relaunch the game and check if the problem continues. If yes, continue with the troubleshooting guide.
4] Change the Render Resolution
You can change the in-game Render Resolution to fix COD Vanguard 0x887A0005 Error. Although reducing the Render Resolution will affect the game visualization, but at least it will eliminate sudden game crashes. We recommend changing the Render Resolution from 100 to 50 to solve the problem. Save the changes and check if it solves the problem.
5] Disable Sun Glare in the Game
Another effective solution in the situation is to disable the Sun Glare in the game. By doing so, you will significantly boost the in-game FPS and solve the mentioned problem. Here are all the steps you need to follow.
- Open File Explorer, and go to Documents.
- Open Call of Duty Vanguard Public Beta.
- Open adv_options.ini.
- Locate Enable AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution.
- Change AMDSuperResolution from Off to AMD FSR 1.0.
- Locate Enable AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution quality.
- Change AMDSuperResolution from Off to Balanced.
- Save the changes.
- Locate PixelPerLightmapTexel.
- Change the value to 1.
- Locate Particle Lighting Quality.
- Change ParticleLighting to 0.
- Locate cache spot shadow.
- Change CacheSpotShadow to Disabled.
- Locate Cache spot size.
- Change SpotCacheSize to 0.
- Locate cache sun shadow.
- Change CacheSunShadow to 0.
- Save the changes.
That’s it. Relaunch the game, and you’ll see that you no longer face the problem.
How to fix COD Vanguard crashing issue?
COD Vanguar crashing issue often occurs on uncompaitable systems. Thus, make sure your system matches the minimum requirement to run the game. Along with this, you can download the latest graphics driver update to fix the problem.Its very easy to troubleshoot the issue.