You may see a Blue Screen that says DellInstrumentation.sys failed. Needless to say, only Dell users experience this problem as it is due to Dell Support Assist. In this post, we will see how to fix the DellInstrumentation.sys Blue Screen error effortlessly.
Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
What failed: DellInstrumentation.sys
DellInstrumentation.sys Blue Screen Error
To fix the DellInstrumentation.sys Blue Screen Error, follow the solutions mentioned below:
- Update Dell Support Assist
- Uninstall Dell Support Assist
- Reinstall Dell Support Asisst
Let’s get started.
1] Update Dell Support Assist
Dell Support Assist must be kept up to date for best system performance and functionality. If you keep updating your app regularly, then it ensures that the tool remains compatible with the latest Windows updates and hardware configurations, and you can’t face such an issue. To update, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows key and type SupportAssist in the search bar.
- Once SupportAssist for Home PCs app open.
- In Get Drivers & Downloads, click on Run now
- It will not only update Dell Support Assist but also install driver updates if available.
2] Uninstall Dell Support Assist
Dell Support Assist is not a mandatory application, you can, if required, remove it completely and your system will be perfectly fine with it. Since we encounter BSOD due to the application, we will remove it and reboot the system. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same.
- Open Settings by Win + I.
- Go to Apps > Installed apps or Apps & features.
- Search for “Dell Support Assist”.
- Windows 11: Click on the three dots and select Uninstall.
- Windows 10: Select the app and click on Uninstall.
Once done, reboot your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
3] Reinstall Dell Support Asisst
If you don’t want to remove the application, you can try reinstalling it. This will work if the issue is a result of corrupt Dell Support Assist, which it most likely is. So, first of all, uninstall Dell Support Assist using the steps mentioned earlier, and then install a fresh copy of Dell Support Assist.
Hopefully, this will do the trick for you.
How do I fix the Blue screen on my Dell?
If you get a Blue Screen on your Dell computer, first of all, run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will automatically scan and resolve the issue. But if it fails to do the same, check our guide on how to resolve Blue Screen of Death.
How to fix Blue screen in BIOS?
If you get a Blue Screen, go into your BIOS and check if you have overclocked your CPU or GPU. Overclocking can sometimes crash your drivers, as a result of which you will see BSOD. So, make sure you are not overclocking using an app or from the BIOS.