If the Apex Legends r5apex.exe Application error Memory could not be read error keeps troubling you, then this post will help you. The complete error message reads:
r5apex.exe – Application Error
The instruction at 0xb479414 referenced memory at 0x412843a0. The memory could not be read.
Click on OK to terminate the program
Fortunately, you can follow some simple suggestions to fix it.
Fix Apex Legends r5apex.exe Application error Memory could not be read error
Follow these suggestions to fix the r5apex.exe Application error, Memory could not be read error in Apex Legends on your Windows PC:
- Check System Compatibility
- Repair Apex Legends
- Disable Origin In-Game
- Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode
- Reinstall the Game
Now, let’s see these in detail.
1] Check System Compatibility
Start by checking if your device is compatible with Apex Legends. The recommended requirements are:
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 10, 11
- CPU: Intel i5 3570K or equivalent
- RAM: 8GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290
- GPU RAM: 8GB
- HARD DRIVE: Minimum 22 GB of free space
2] Repair Apex Legends
Files of Apex Legends often get corrupt because of a bug or a recent update. Scan and repair the game files on your PC and see if it fixes the error. Here is how it’s done:
- Open Steam, click on Library and right-click on Apex Legends.
- Navigate to Properties > Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
On EA/Origin App
- Launch the EA/Origin.
- Click on Apex Legends and select Manage > Repair.
3] Disable Origin In-Game
Origin In-Game allows users to access various functions and features while playing supported games. Disabling it may help fix the Memory could not be read r5apex.exe error in Apex Legends. Here’s how:
- Launch the Origin client and click on Origin at the left.
- Navigate to Application Settings > More and turn off the toggle beside Origin In-Game.
4] Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
Many games, including Apex Legends, use Easy Anti-Cheat. This helps maintain fair gameplay by checking if anyone is cheating or using unauthorized third-party software. Easy Anti-Cheat can sometimes get corrupt and cause errors in Apex Legends. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Open Apex Legend’s installation folder and double-click on the EasyAntiCheat folder.
- Here, search for EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, run it as an admin, and click on Repair.
5] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode
Apex Legends can face errors due to software conflicts. If that’s the case, perform a Clean Boot and then troubleshoot manually. Doing so will boot your device only with essential systems services and drivers.
6] Reinstall the Game
If none of these steps help, consider reinstalling the game.
I hope these suggestions help you fix the error.
How do I repair Apex Legends on EA?
To repair Apex Legends on EA, launch the EA Game app and click on Apex Legends. Next, click on Manage and select Repair.
How do I fix Invalid game executable?
To fix invalid game executable error, repair the game files and repair EasyAntiCheat. However, you can also turn off the firewall/antivirus and reinstall the game to fix the error.