Here we will see what to do if Forza Horizon multiplayer mode is not working on Windows PC. Forza Horizon 5 is a popular racing video game and is the fifth release in the Forza Horizon title. Thanks to its best graphics and unique gameplay, it has been considered the best racing game ever since its release. Forza Horizon 5 can be played in both single and multiplayer modes. But for many users, the multiplayer mode is not working on their system. If you are also struggling with the same problem, try the solutions below to eliminate the issue.
Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer mode not working on PC
If Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer mode is not working on Windows 11/10 PC then here are some suggestions that are sure to help you resolve the issue:
- Check the server status
- Update Network Driver
- Whitelist the game through Windows Firewall
- Change Services settings
- Download the latest patch update
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot
Now, let’s check out all the solutions in detail.
1] Check the server status
Before trying any of the technical solutions, the first thing you should ensure is that Forza Horizon 5 servers are in the ideal state. As it turns out, if the servers are currently facing downtime, you will meet the problem in question. Visit any server status checking website and check the game server status. You can even visit Forza Twitter support for further guidance on the situation.
2] Update Network Driver
The next solution you can try is to download the latest network driver update. Most of the connection issues, including multiplayer mode problems, result from the outdated network driver. As a solution, you will have to download the latest network driver update on your system to resolve the issue. Here’s how to do it.
- You can download the latest network driver update by visiting the manufactures website.
- You can use Device Manager to update the network driver to the latest version.
- Windows Optional Update feature can also be helpful in the situation.
- You can take use of third party driver applications to update the driver.
Once the update process is complete, reboot your system. Launch the game and check if you can play the multiplayer mode or not. If not, try the next solution on the list.
3] Whitelist the game through Windows Firewall
If the game is blocked under the Windows Firewall settings, you will fail to access the Horizon 5 multiplayer mode. To resolve the problem, you will have to whitelist the game through the Firewall settings.
- To begin with, open the Windows Defender Security Center. Select Firewall and Network Protection.
- Now click on “Allow an app through firewall.”
- Click on the “Change Settings” button. Make sure you have administrative privileges.
- From the menu, select Forza Horizon. You can also add the app manually by using the “Add an App” option.
- Allow thethe game to access both Private and Public networks.
Once the process is complete, reboot your system and launch the game. Check if you’re still facing the problem. If yes, continue with the guide.
4] Change Services settings
The next solution on the list is to make some changes in the Services settings. Below are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R shortcut key.
- In the space provided, type Service, and press the Enter key.
- Locate Xbox Accessory Management Service Properties, right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic.
- Change the Service status to Start.
- Click on Apply > OK.
Repeat the process with other Xbox services as well. Precisely, repeat steps 3 to step 6 for the following services.
Xbox Live Auth Manager Xbox Live Game Save Xbox Live Networking Service
Once done, launch the game and check for the problem.
5] Download the latest patch update
Another primary reason behind the problem can be outdated game. Multiplayer games like Forza Horizon 5 keep releasing patch updates regularly. Each update comes with performance improvement and bug fixes. And from what it looks like, the problem in question has resulted due to a temporary bug in the game. So, download the latest game patch update to resolve the issue.
6] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot
The next thing to try is to troubleshoot in Clean Boot. Clean Boot will start Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts when you install a program or an update or run a program on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Why is Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer not working?
If Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer mode is not working, the possibility is high that you haven’t downloaded the latest network driver update. The issue will also occur if the server is currently facing downtime. It’s very easy to troubleshoot this problem.
How do I fix Forza 5 crash?
Forza 5 mainly crashes on an incompatible system. So, ensure that your system matches the minimum requirement to run the game. If you haven’t downloaded the latest graphics driver update, the problem will also occur. You will have to update the driver to resolve the issue.
Read Next: Can’t Install Forza Horizon 5 on Windows PC.