The integration of Office apps and Outlook email on Android mobile devices has become popular these days. Microsoft has made the integration simple and seamless so that users can access, edit, and share their Office documents on the go. It also makes remote work possible and easy.
Let’s see how to set up various Office applications and email (Outlook) on Android devices.
How to set up Outlook email on an Android device
Downloading and installing Outlook on an Android device is quite easy.
Setting up Outlook on an Android device for the first time.
Follow these steps if you’re setting up Outlook for your Android device for the first time.
- Install Outlook App for Android from the Google Play Store on your Android device and then open it.
- Click on Get Started.
- Outlook automatically detects your Google accounts. To add them to Outlook for Android, click Google Connect Account and then click OK confirm. Tap allow giving Outlook access to your contacts.
- Choose email accounts you want to add and tap Add account.
- You may be asked to sign in. In this case, enter your email credentials and click sign-in.
- Now click allow confirmation of offline access and any other clues.
- You can add additional accounts to Outlook by clicking continue.
- If you don’t want to add another email account, tap skip.
If you don’t want to add these Google accounts to Outlook, click Skipthen follow the steps below to add another account.
Set up a different email account in Outlook
Users who have already set up Outlook or those who don’t want to use their Google IDs in Outlook can follow the steps below.
They can add another email account using the following procedure.
- Open Menu (three horizontal lines)
- go to Settings (gear icon)
- Now click on Add account
- Enter the full email ID you want to add to Outlook (for example, [email protected]). Now click on continue.
- Enter your email account password and tap sign in or next.
- For security purposes, Microsoft Outlook comes with multi-factor authentication. A message will appear during login. Verify your identity at this stage. The message box might look like this:
How to set up Office apps on an Android device
Integrating Office apps and email on Android devices is pretty easy. There are two ways to get Office on an Android phone or tablet.
- You can install Office for mobile devices, which combines Word, Excel, and PowerPoint into one app. So with one app, you can get all three Office applications. The Office mobile app also offers new mobile features for viewing, editing, and sharing files without having to switch between multiple apps.
- Another way is to install the Office applications individually.
You can use the Office mobile apps to work from anywhere. Just sign in with a free Microsoft account or a Microsoft 365 work or school account. You can access additional app features with your subscription.
Setting up Office applications for the first time
If you’re setting up Office applications for the first time, follow these steps:
- Open any office such as Excel, PowerPoint, or Word.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account or your Microsoft 365 work or school account. Various devices are connected to the cloud. Therefore, signing in with a single Microsoft account allows the user to access Office files from any device.
Add another account to Office applications
Adding another account to the Office applications is pretty easy. This step appears if you’ve already installed and set up the Office apps and email on Android.
Follow these steps to add another account to Office applications:
- Click on open (or open other documents if you are on a tablet). Now click on Add a place. Add Location is an option that allows you to connect to cloud storage.
- If you’re using OneNote, click Settings and then further accounts.
- Now select cloud service you want to add, such as OneDrive for Business or Dropbox.
- Now enter the email address and password you use to log in to this service.
This is how Office apps get installed on your Android devices.
How do I set up Office 365 email on an Android phone?
To set up an Android device with a Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync account, follow these steps:
- open Settings
- Now click on accounts. (For some devices you will see Users & accounts accounts.)
- Now click on add account.
- Then click on Exchange.
- Then enter your email address and Microsoft Office 365 or Exchange ActiveSync credentials.
So your Office 365 email is set up on your Android phone.
Can I install Microsoft Office apps on my Android phone?
With the Office app for Android, you can be productive on the go. Create and edit new Word documents, Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint presentations because these apps can be used on your Android phone too.
The information above is about how to set up Office apps and Outlook email on Android. Please leave a comment in the comment section below or like and share useguide.net on social media to help spread the word about this decision.