The Xbox program or Xbox console is one of the best available for gamers today. With Xbox Game Pass, gaming has gone to the next level for players. There are millions of users around the world who use Xbox Game Pass to play different games they like. Sadly, some are seeing No applicable app licenses found for Xbox Game Pass on the Xbox app while launching games. In this guide, we have a few solutions that can help you fix it and play games as usual. This error can occur due to corrupt or outdated game files, Windows Store cache, Xbox Cache, pending updates of Windows Store and Xbox app, etc.
No applicable app licenses found for Xbox Game Pass
If you are seeing No applicable app licenses found error for Xbox Game Pass while launching games, you can fix it with the following methods.
- Reset Microsoft Store Cache
- Logout and Login on Xbox app
- Install updates for Microsoft Store, Xbox, and related programs
- Repair Xbox app
- Re-register Windows Store apps
Let’s get into the details of each method and fix the issue.
1] Reset Microsoft Store Cache
Resetting Microsoft Store Cache and its apps has worked for many in fixing this error. You need to do it using wsreset.exe.
To Reset Microsoft Store Cache,
- Run CMD as administrator, type WSReset.exe, and Press Enter.
- Alternatively, in the Start search, you can type wsreset.exe. You will see the wsreset.exe program. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- A command prompt window will open. After a while, the Windows Store will open. It will reset the Windows Store cache.
2] Logout and Login on Xbox app
If the wsreset.exe has not fixed your issue, you need to log out of your Xbox account on the Xbox program and log in again. This can help you fix the error you are seeing while launching games on Xbox using Xbox Game Pass.
3] Install updates for Microsoft Store, Xbox, and related programs
Even the pending updates or corruptions or glitches in the previous updates might cause the error. You need to check for updates for Microsoft Store, Xbox, and all the related programs.
- Open the Microsoft Store app
- Navigate to Library from the left panel
- Click on the Get updates button.
This will update all the Microsoft Store apps that are pending update including Microsoft Store itself and Xbox app.
4] Repair the Xbox app
The other way to fix the issue is by repairing the Xbox app itself. It will repair any issues with the app and let you use it without any issues.
To repair the Xbox app,
- Close the Xbox App
- Right-click the Xbox app in the Start Menu and hover over More and select App settings
- Scroll down and click Repair under the Reset category
Relaunch the Xbox app and try launching the game and see if the error has resolved.
5] Re-register Windows Store apps
If none of the above fixes worked, you need to re-register Windows Store apps as the last resort.
To re-register the Windows Store apps,
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Windows PowerShell (admin)
- It will prompt you to launch as an administrator. Click on Yes
- Then, copy/paste the following command and press Enter
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml"
- After the command has run, close the windows and restart your PC.
Now, launch Xbox and see if the error has been resolved.
These are the different ways using which you can fix no applicable app licenses found error on the Xbox app while launching a game.
How do you fix no applicable app licenses on Forza Horizon 5?
If you are seeing No applicable app licenses found error while launching Forza Horizon 5, you can reset Windows Store, repair the Xbox app, log out and log in again on the Xbox app, update Windows Store, Xbox, and other related apps, and re-register Windows store apps.
How do I fix Minecraft’s no applicable app licenses?
While launching Minecraft on Xbox, if you see No applicable app licenses found error, you can reset Windows Store, repair the Xbox app, log out and log in again on the Xbox app, update Windows Store, Xbox, and other related apps, and re-register Windows store apps.
How do I fix no applicable app licenses found?
When you see no applicable app licenses found error on Xbox, you can use the following methods.
- Logout and login to Xbox and Microsoft Store app
- Reset, terminate or repair Windows Store and Xbox app
- Clear Windows Store Cache using the wsreset.exe command
- Update all the Microsoft Store apps
Any of the above methods can help you fix the issue and let you play whatever game you are trying to play without any kind of error.
Related read: Can’t download or install Xbox Game Pass Games on PC.