If your Xbox Console is not detecting or showing WiFi networks, this post can help you. This issue is frustrating for gamers because they cannot play games on the Xbox Console until it connects to the internet. Now, check the following solutions provided in this article.
Does an ethernet cable work for Xbox One?
Yes, it does work for Xbox One. Xbox consoles come with an ethernet port, so you can connect your Xbox console to the ethernet cable if it is not detecting the WiFi signal or if you are experiencing packet loss.
Xbox Console is not detecting or showing WiFi networks
If your Xbox Console is not detecting or showing WiFi networks, use the below solutions to resolve the issue.
- Try to connect with the Phone network
- Clear Alternate MAC Address
- Power cycle your Xbox console
- Change your DNS settings
- Reset your Xbox console
- Your WiFi card may be faulty
1] Try to connect with the phone network
This is to check if the issue is associated with your console’s WiFi card or not. If your Xbox console can detect your phone’s network, the WiFi card is working fine.
- Turn on the Hotspot on your phone.
- Go to Settings > General > Network settings on your Xbox console.
- Select Set up a wireless network.
- If your console displays the name of your phone’s hotspot, select it.
- Enter the password for your phone’s hotspot.
- Select the Test Network Connection. Let the connection test be completed, the Xbox One is connected to your mobile hotspot.
If your console does not find a mobile hotspot, then there may be a problem with your Xbox Wi-Fi network card.
2] Clear Alternate MAC Address
You can also try to clear the Alternate MAC address to resolve the issue.
- Press the Xbox button.
- Go to “System > Settings > Network > Network Settings”.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select Alternate MAC Address.
- Select the Clear button.
- Now, select the Restart button.
After restarting the console, check if the problem persists.
3] Power cycle your Xbox console
Power cycling the Xbox console clears the corrupted cache. If the problem is occurring due to the corrupted cache, this method will help to resolve the issue. Check the instructions written below to Power cycle your Xbox console.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console to turn it off.
- Remove the power cord from your console.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Connect the power cord and turn on your console.
Check if the issue persists. If this does not help, we suggest you power cycle your WiFi router. Internet connectivity issues can also be fixed by power cycling the WiFi router. To power cycle your WiFi router, you have to follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
4] Change your DNS settings
Changing the DNS settings may resolve the issue. Here are some steps on how to change the DNS settings.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Select Profile & System > Settings > General > Network settings.
- Select the Advanced settings.
- Select the DNS settings.
- Select Manual.
- Type Google Public DNS.
- Select Save.
5] Reset your Xbox console
Some users reported that resetting the Xbox console resolved the issue. Resetting is the process of restoring the Xbox console to its factory settings. To reset your Xbox console follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & System > Settings > System > Console info.
- Select Reset console.
- After selecting the Reset console, choose Reset and keep my games & apps.
This option will reset your Xbox console without deleting your games or app data. After resetting the console, the issue should be fixed.
6] Your WiFi card may be faulty
If none of the above fixes resolved the issue, the problem may be associated with your WiFi card on the Xbox console. Now, it is time to get professional help and get your console’s WiFi card checked. Some users reported that the issue was with their console’s WiFi card.
That’s it. I hope these solutions help to fix your issue.
Why is my Xbox not finding wireless networks?
The issue may be with your WiFi router. You can perform a power recycle on your router and see if it helps. It is also possible that the WiFi card on your Xbox console is not working properly or is faulty. However, the chances of this are less. Most of the time, clearing the alternate MAC address can fix network issues on Xbox consoles.
Related article: We were unable to turn on your console – Xbox error.