The United States could spend over $300 billion in 2024 for the purchase of weapons and development of promising projects. Bloomberg has found out what equipment the Pentagon wants to acquire for the Air Force, Navy and US Army.
What is known
We wrotethat the Pentagon will request $179 million for Lockheed Martin to produce an additional 28 M142 highly mobile artillery missile systems. In addition to HIMARS, a large number of other military equipment is expected to be purchased, but the amounts are not specified:
- 91 armored personnel carriers to replace the M113 for the US Army (BAE Systems);
- 48 fifth-generation F-35 fighters for the US Air Force (Lockheed Martin);
- 42 AH-64E Apache helicopters (Boeing);
- 33 light tanks (General Dynamics);
- 24 modernized F-15EX Eagle II fighters (Boeing);
- 15 air tankers KC-46 Pegasus (Boeing);
- 8 hypersonic missiles for the US Navy (Lockheed Martin);
- 7 NH-139A Gray Wolf helicopters to protect mines with nuclear weapons (Boeing);
- 2 Constellation-class frigates (Fincantieri / Marinette Marine of Marinette);
- 2 Virginia class submarines (General Dynamics and HII);
- 2 Arleigh Burke-class destroyers (General Dynamics and HII).
In addition to this, the US Department of Defense will request funds to upgrade 34 General Dynamics Abrams M1A2 tanks. In addition, the application includes a budget to finance 10 space missions.