We already know all the news about One UI 5.1.1, the new version of Samsung software that will arrive very soon on some Galaxy phones and tablets.
In addition to starting to update your best terminals with the latest android security patchSamsung has also just launched, by surprise, the first Beta version of One UI 5.1.1the new variant of its customization layer for Android. Initially, the Korean firm has released this update on the Galaxy Z Foldable 4 and Galaxy Tab S8but it is expected that it will reach more devices of the brand over the coming weeks.
Next, we will detail all the news that One UI 5.1.1 includesWe will tell you how you can update your Galaxy smartphone or tablet to this new version and we will reveal which devices are eligible for this update.
These are all the improvements included in One UI 5.1.1 Beta
The first thing to keep in mind is that it is possible that this Beta version of One UI 5.1.1 do not include all the news that will arrive with the next Galaxy Z Fold5 and Galaxy Z Flip5since Samsung may be reserving some improvement for the presentation of its new folding, which will take place in Korea next July 27.
Be that as it may, then we leave you the list of all features, improvements and changes which have been revealed in the changelog of the first Beta of One UI 5.1.1:
- Improved app preview on the Recent Apps screen– It is now possible to preview the running state of an app, such as split screen, full screen, or popup, on the Recent Apps screen.
- Switch directly from popup to split screen– You can now easily switch to split screen by holding the controller at the top of the popup window and dragging it to the desired side.
- Move the screen pop to the side for a while and easily bring it back when you need it: You can now drag the popup screen sideways to move it out of view, then tap it again to return it to its original position.
- Check minimized apps with the S Pen: When you move the S Pen over a minimized app icon, a preview is displayed so you can see what the app will look like when launched.
- Show latest apps on the taskbar: You can see up to 4 recently used apps on the taskbar.
- Adjust taskbar area based on number of icons: If 7 or fewer icons are displayed on the taskbar, the taskbar area automatically adjusts to make it easier to select the start button, recent apps button, and back button at the bottom of the screen.
- flex mode:
- More apps in the Flex mode panel: Flex Mode Panel can be used in a variety of applications that support multi-window displays. Activate the Flex Mode panel option, fold the phone and press the button displayed on the navigation bar.
- Facilitate media control– In the flex mode panel, you’ll see buttons to move forward or back 10 seconds, and pressing the time bar will measure how long it takes you to hold it to get exactly where you want it to be.
- Customize the toolbar– Now you can customize the Flex Mode panel toolbar as you like and easily perform various functions such as split screen view and screenshot. Also, you can add, remove, reorder, or move an icon by long-pressing it.
- share now:
- Share with contacts, even those who are far away: You can always share files with your contacts, even if the person you want to share with is not around.
- Share important content more securely: You can set an expiration date on a shared file or stop sharing it whenever you want, and you can also prevent others from saving or sharing files.
- samsung health:
- Improved sleep training design and content: The content and design of sleep training have been improved so that you can see your progress at a glance and improve your sleep habits more easily. (Galaxy Watch4 or higher)
- Make your sleep data more meaningful– Improved the layout of the screen and added explanations to make it easier to see and better understand the various factors in your sleep score. (Galaxy Watch4 or later)
- Measurement of skin temperature during sleep– Creates a more comfortable sleep environment by measuring how your skin temperature changes during sleep. (Galaxy Watch5 or higher)
- Key training metrics at once– The summary information screen has been improved so that you can check the main exercise data immediately after the exercise ends and there are new badges, congratulatory messages, various high records and more.
- Camera and Gallery:
- You can change the date and time notation of the watermark to suit your style.
- Improved Flex Mode layout in Pro Mode– To make it easier to shoot the way you want, manual setting options like ISO and shutter speed are displayed across the entire bottom area of the screen when the phone is folded in Pro and Pro Video modes.
- Select multiple photos at once in capture view: When using the capture view on the home screen, you can select multiple photos by long-pressing on them. Easily select multiple photos and share or delete them all at once.
- More convenient remaster preview– Thumbnails are displayed below the image being remastered, and by clicking the thumbnail, you can compare the remastered version and the original side by side on a larger screen.
- Apply effects with ease– Sliders have been replaced with dials, allowing you to adjust filters and tonal effects with one hand in the gallery.
- Copy and paste effects: You can copy the tones and filters applied to your favorite photos and paste them to other photos.
- additional changes:
- Drag and drop with both hands: Touch and drag files, photos, and other items with one hand, and select a location or folder with the other hand. This feature is available in My Files and on the Home screen.
- Use your phone while charging other devices with wireless battery sharing– If you open your phone with the main screen facing down, you can charge your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Watch and other devices with wireless battery sharing on the other screen while you continue to use your phone on the cover screen.
- Efficient storage management: When the remaining built-in storage space is less than 5 GB or 10%, My Files displays application cache information and allows you to easily free up space without having to delete applications or files.
- Enhancements to the Device Care memory management feature: You now have more detailed information about the apps that are using your phone’s memory and you can easily put apps that are using too much memory into a sleep state. In addition, you can change the mode directly from the lock screen to the mode you want, such as sleep mode or driving mode.
- Customize the Samsung Internet screen layout to your liking: If you move the address bar to the bottom of the screen, the tab bar and bookmarks bar are also displayed at the bottom of the screen.
How to update your Samsung mobile or tablet to One UI 5.1.1
In order to update your Samsung device to One UI 5.1.1 you have to sign up for their Beta program through the Samsung Members app and wait for the update to arrive via OTA to your terminal.
These are the Samsung phones and tablets that are eligible to receive One UI 5.1.1
The first thing you should know is that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5, Galaxy Z Flip5 and Galaxy Tab S9 that will be launched in the next Galaxy Unpacked will already arrive with One UI 5.1.1 and that this new software version It will almost certainly reach these folding phones and tablets from the Korean firm:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
As for the non-folding terminals of the Korean brand, these are those who are most likely to receive this new version of One UI:
- Galaxy S23 series
- Galaxy S22 series
- Galaxy S21 series (including the S21 FE)
- Galaxy S20 series (including the S20 FE)
- Galaxy Note 20 series
- Samsung Galaxy A54
- Samsung Galaxy A53
- Samsung Galaxy A52
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A52s
- Samsung Galaxy A73
- Samsung Galaxy A72
- Samsung Galaxy A34
- Samsung Galaxy A33
- Samsung Galaxy M53 5G
- Samsung Galaxy M54 5G