In this post, we will see what to do if you encounter PDF Printer error invalidfont while printing PDF documents. Adobe PDF Reader is a convenient option for viewing and printing PDF files. It comes with many cool features to enhance the user’s productivity. But while using the app on Windows PC, users have reported invalid font error. The problem occurs when printing PDF files. So, if you are also struggling with the same issue, then try the solutions given below.
PDF Printer Error: Wrong font when printing
Here are all the effective solutions you can try to fix PDF printer error invalid font error when printing documents.
- Restart Adobe PDF Reader.
- Update the app
- Use the Repair Install feature
- Reset Adobe PDF Reader Preferences
- Disable rely only on system font
- print as image
Now let’s look at all the solutions in detail.
1]Restart Adobe PDF Reader.
The first solution is quite simple – reboot. The problem may occur due to a temporary glitch in the application. And in this case, restarting the app is the best thing you can try.
So, restart the application and try to print the document. Check if this fixes the problem. If yes, you are good to go. But if the issue persists, try the next solution on the list.
2]Update the app
Like any other application, Adobe Reader releases updates regularly. Each update includes performance improvements and minor/major bug fixes. And from the looks of it, the issue in the question could be the result of a temporary bug in the application. In this case, it is best to update the application. Below are the steps you need to follow to download the latest update of Adobe PDF Reader.
- Open Adobe PDF Reader on Windows PC.
- Press on Help present at the top of the window.
- From the context menu, select Check for Updates.
Adobe PDF Reader will check for pending updates and begin downloading if available. If there are no pending updates, you will see the message No updates available.
After updating the app, restart it and check if the issue is resolved. If not, go to the troubleshooting guide.
See: How to use stamps and custom stamps in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
3]Use the Install Repair feature
Adobe PDF Reader comes with a repair on installation feature. You can use it to fix any minor bug or glitch related to the application. You can use the recovery feature of Adobe PDF Reader by following the steps below.
- Launch Adobe PDF Reader on Windows PC.
- Press on Help present on the toolbar.
- Choose Repair Installation from the context menu.
- Click Yes to the tooltip.
Wait for the recovery process to complete. After that, restart the application and check for the issue. If the issue persists, try the next solution on the list.
See: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC not displaying bookmarks on Windows PC
4]Reset Adobe PDF Reader preferences
The next thing you can try is resetting Adobe PDF Reader. This solution helped many solve the problem; hope it will be useful for you well. You can reset Adobe PDF Reader by following the steps below.
- Open File Explorer by pressing the keyboard shortcut Windows + E.
- Head to the next location.
- In the window that appears, rename the following folders.
- After that, close the window and launch Adobe PDF Reader.
Check if the problem is fixed or not. If the issue persists, try the next solution on the list.
5]Disable Rely on system font only
You can disable the Rely on system font only setting to fix this issue. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the job done.
- To get started, navigate to the location where you saved the PDF document.
- Right-click the PDF file and select open with Adobe PDF Reader.
- In the next window select file > print.
- Choose Printer and click on Properties.
- Open Adobe PDF settings.
- Uncheck the option that says, Rely on system font only; do not use document fonts.
- Click OK to save your changes.
That’s all. Try printing the document again and check if the problem is gone.
6]Print as picture
This is not an official solution, but you can use this method as a workaround. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the document you want to print in Adobe PDF Reader.
- Choose file on the toolbar and select print from the context menu.
- Choose Advanced.
- Check Print As Imageand click OK.
Check if the issue is resolved.
How to fix PDF printer error?
Most PDF printer errors can be fixed by updating the application. You can update Adobe PDF Reader by following the steps below.
- Open a PDF reader.
- Press on Help > Check for updates.
The app will check for pending updates and automatically install them if available.
Why won’t my printer let me print a PDF?
If your printer does not allow you to print a PDF file, there is a good chance that the file is not fully loaded on your system. Check if the file is loaded correctly or not. Alternatively, you can download the latest printer driver update to fix the issue.
Read Next: Adobe Reader does not work on Windows 11/10.