TPM or Trusted Platform Module offers hardware-based, security to your computer. As you may already know, Microsoft requires one to have TPM installed on their computer to install Windows 11. If TPM is not working, one will get all sorts of error messages and codes. Therefore, in this post, we will learn how to run a TPM troubleshooter in Windows 11.
What is TPM?
A TPM chip is a secure cryptoprocessor, specifically designed to perform cryptographic operations. The chip is equipped with various physical security mechanisms to make it resistant to tampering, and it is not possible for malicious software to tamper with the security functions of the TPM.
Run TPM Troubleshooter in Windows 11
Microsoft has introduced TPM troubleshooter in Windows 11 build 25905, as of now which is available only in Canary version of Windows 11. If you use the Stable version of Windows, you have to wait until this feature is released for you.
To run the TPM troubleshooter in Windows 11, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Search for the Windows Security app from the Start Menu.
- Click on the Device Security tab from the right panel.
- Now, click on the Security processor details from the Security processor section.
- Then, click on Security processor troubleshooting placed below Status.
- Click on the Run button from the TPM Troubleshooter.
It will scan what’s wrong with your system and give you one of the following messages.
- A firmware update is needed for your security processor (TPM).
- TPM is disabled and requires attention.
- TPM storage is not available. Please clear your TPM.
- Device health attestation isn’t available. Please clear your TPM.
- Device health attestation isn’t supported on this device.
- Your TPM isn’t compatible with your firmware and may not work properly.
- TPM measured boot log is missing. Try restarting your device.
- There is a problem with your TPM. Try restarting your device.
You can make the appropriate changes and resolve the issue.
How do I fix TPM on Windows 11?
The TPM issue can be resolved by running the TPM troubleshooter. It is a utility available in the latest version of Windows 11. If the troubleshooter is not available on your system or it can’t resolve the issue, you need to clear Clear TPM. It will do the trick for you.
Does Windows 11 need TPM to run?
Yes, Microsoft needs a system to have TPM 2.0 to install Windows 11. If your computer lacks TPM 2.0, you need to bypass TPM and Secure Boot to install Windows 11 on your computer.