If someone screwed up with the settings, Mic Monitoring on Xbox One may not work as expected. Let’s look at some solutions to help you get rid of this irritation.
Microphone monitoring on Xbox One not working or showing up
Many gamers complain that even with the microphone monitoring turned on properly, they can barely hear what the person on the other end is saying. This greatly affects communication and can ruin the entire gameplay. To fix it, try these solutions.
- Check the status of the Xbox Live server.
- Managing Chat Mixer Settings
- Hard reset headset
- Check firmware update
Let’s take a closer look at the above solutions!
1]Check the status of the Xbox Live server.
First of all, you should check Xbox Status Page shows a green signal for all Xbox features and functions. For example, you can select a feature, check the worker services under it, and make sure it’s up and running.
2]Control the volume of the chat mixer
The chat mixer allows you to control the decibel level of your chat conversation. So make sure it’s not set to a very low volume level. To check it out,
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Choose Speaker login icon Audio and Music settings.
- Make sure that Microphone in headset option is enabled.
- Scroll down to Headset Chat Mixer recording and adjust the volume to the desired level.
3]Hard reset headset
To hard reset your headset, follow these steps:
- Connect the USB-C cable to the headset and stand next to the console (do not connect the other end of the USB-C cable to the console yet).
- Hold the headset power button and the mute button together. These buttons are located on the left earpiece of the headset.
- Then quickly plug the USB-C cable into your console, PC, or power outlet.
- If the hard reset is successful, the Xbox One Headset will turn off.
- Turn your headset back on.
4]Check firmware update
If you’re experiencing a problem after a recent headset firmware update, chances are it didn’t complete successfully. To fix this, connect your headset to your console using a USB-C cable and try updating the headset firmware again when your internet connection is stable.
What is microphone monitoring on Xbox One?
Xbox One microphone monitoring is a feature on Xbox One game consoles that allows users to hear their own voice when using headphones by sending microphone input to the headphones. In addition, it also helps to improve the overall sound quality and is especially useful for members of the gaming community who constantly deal with chaotic voice channels.
How to enable microphone monitoring on Xbox One
Enabling microphone monitoring on Xbox One is very simple. Just press the Xbox button on your controller and select Speaker login icon Audio and Music settings. There, check if the headset microphone option is enabled. If yes, scroll down to Microphone monitoring and drag the slider to the desired level to enable microphone monitoring.