Email signature which may include contact information and a company’s logo is a proof of legitimacy and professionalism, which helps to establish trust and credibility with the recipient. Many Outlook users have registered complaints as regards how their Outlook Signature disappears every day after reboot. This can be frustrating, especially for people who run companies and are keen on promoting the company’s recognition in every email they send out. In this article, we will explore different fixes that one can implement to resolve this challenge.
Why do my Microsoft Outlook signatures keep disappearing?
If this is your first time using Microsoft Outlook, ensure that you are not using a trial version. It could be the trial version that is causing the signature to disappear. In addition to that, the version architecture must also align with that of the operating system.
If you are using an Outlook web app, and the Email signature disappears from time to time, your browser’s temporary files should be suspected of being responsible for such a frustrating experience. The roaming signatures feature, when enabled, could also mess with the whole signature settings, such that your Outlook signature disappears.
Fix Outlook signature disappears every day after reboot
If your Outlook signature disappears every day after you reboot your PC, here are several workarounds and proven solutions you can implement to resolve this problem:
- Check Signature Settings
- Disable Roaming Signatures Feature
- Clear Browsing Data For OWA
- Recreate Missing Signature
- Remove Signature Cache
- Create A New Outlook Profile
- Repair/Clean-Install Outlook App
1] Check Signature Settings
There are default signature settings that you must confirm that are appropriately set to fix Outlook Signature disappearing on your computer. If you are using the Outlook desktop app, follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to File > Options > Mail > Signatures.
- Under the “Choose default signature” section, ensure that the E-mail account is appropriate.
- Also, ensure that you select the correct signature for New messages and Replies/forwards.
If you are using the Outlook web app, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to your Outlook account on your browser, then navigate to Settings.
- Click on the “View all Outlook settings” option.
- Click on Mail from the list of options on the left side of the screen, then click on Compose and reply.
- Under the “Select default signatures” section, select the appropriate signature for both “For New Messages” and “For Replies/Forwards”.
- Save the settings to effect the changes.
2] Disable Roaming Signatures Feature
The Outlook roaming signatures feature lets users synchronize their signatures across their devices. However, it could also be responsible for signatures disappearing on a device from time to time or even after a system reboot. To fix this problem, disable the feature. Carefully follow the steps outlined below:
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
Type “regedit” in the text field and click on the “OK” button to open the Windows Registry Editor.
In the address bar at the top, browse to:
Note that the “16.0” in the address above indicates the Office version.
Right-click anywhere on the right panel and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Name the DWORD value as DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle, then press Enter.
Right-click on the DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle value that you have just created, and select Modify.
Under Value data, input “1” in the text field, then click on the OK button to save the changes.
Restart your computer to effect the changes.
3] Clear Browsing Data For OWA
Perhaps you are using the Outlook web app, there is a strong possibility that the signature disappears because of compromised browsing data. To fix the problem, clear the temporary files on your browser. Follow the steps below to do this on Chrome:
- Open Chrome and press Ctrl + H on your keyboard.
- Click on Clear browsing data on the left panel.
- Check the boxes for Cached images and files, and Cookies and other site data.
- Select All time in the Time range options.
- Click on Clear data.
4] Recreate Missing Signature
If Outlook signature keeps disappearing, then you should recreate the missing signature by copying the signature content. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to File > Options > Mail on your Outlook desktop app.
- While holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard, click on the “Signatures” button.
- The folder with your signatures will open in a file explorer.
- Open either the RTF or HTML file of your email signature.
- Press Ctrl + A to highlight the content in the signature file, then Ctrl + C to copy it.
- Go back to the Outlook desktop app and navigate to File > Options > Mail, then click on Signatures.
- Under the “E-mail Signature” tab, select the appropriate E-mail account, click New, and name the signature.
- In the text field under the Edit signature section, paste the copied signature content. Click on the Save button.
- Under the “Choose default signature”, select the new signature you have just created for New messages, and Replies/forwards.
- Click on the OK button to save the settings and close the window.
- Restart your computer subsequently.
5] Remove Signature Cache
If the problem persists, delete all the signature temporary files to fix the problem. Follow the steps outlined below:
Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
In the text field, type
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures, then click on OK.
Select all the files in the folder that just opened, and delete them all.
6] Create A New Outlook Profile
This issue may be associated with the Outlook profile. In this case, you should create a new profile to fix the profile. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles.
- Choose Show Profiles > Add.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile and choose OK.
7] Repair Outlook
The last solution we recommend is to repair or clean-install the Outlook app on your computer. Follow the steps to repair Outlook.
If the new Outlook app gives you problems, follow these steps to Repair or Reset it.
That is all on how to fix disappearing signatures in Microsoft Outlook. Confirm that the appropriate signature is defaulted for new messages and replies. If the problem persists, proceed to disable the roaming signatures feature and the other proven fixes discussed herein. Good luck.
Read next: Unable to add Email Signature in Outlook
Why is my email signature not updating?
Usually, your computer has cached the old signature into its memory. While recipients of the emails you send out may see the updated signature, you may still see the old one from your end. You should delete signature cache files on your device and set it up again to fix the problem.
Are Outlook signatures stored locally?
Signatures are stored locally, and there is a file path on your computer where all your signatures are stored. If you create a signature on a device, you must copy the signature files from that device to use them on their devices.