The Government of the Russian Federation approved the procedure for mandatory genomic registration
The grounds for mandatory genomic registration will be court rulings, appeals of the bodies of inquiry and convictions that have entered into force.
Government of the Russian Federation published a resolution on some issues of implementation of the federal law “On State Genomic Registration in the Russian Federation”. The document is a consequence law passed this year on the expansion of compulsory genomic registration and determines the procedure for carrying out this procedure both on a mandatory and voluntary basis.
Mandatory genomic registration will be carried out by the following organizations:
- bodies of preliminary investigation, bodies of inquiry,
- institutions executing criminal penalties in the form of deprivation of liberty,
- departments of internal affairs bodies involved in the search for missing persons,
- territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs that ensure the maintenance of persons subjected to administrative arrest,
- institutions of forensic medical examination
- subdivisions engaged in forensic activities.
The grounds for mandatory genomic registration may be the following:
- A judgment of conviction entered into legal force.
- Decision on the appointment of a forensic examination.
- Court decision on administrative arrest.
- Appeal of the bodies of preliminary investigation or bodies involved in the search for missing persons.
- Adoption of decisions provided for by Articles 46 and 47 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Russian Federation regarding suspected and accused persons, respectively.
Voluntary genomic registration can also be carried out by internal affairs bodies. To do this, you must submit a written application and pay the cost of the procedure, which is 1400 rubles.
All provisions of the resolution come into force from the moment of publication, with the exception of the paragraph regarding the mandatory genomic registration of persons subjected to administrative arrest – it will enter into force on January 1, 2025.
Subscribe to our TG channel and learn how to stay undetected by spies.