In this post, we will show you what to do if your Mods don’t show up or work properly in The Sims 4. The Sims 4 Mods are additional functionalities that provide you with additional features and controls in the game. They may include custom content as well as in-game feature controls. The Mods help you enhance your overall gaming experience in The Sims 4 game. However, some The Sims 4 players have reported that their Mods are not showing in the game. Let us discuss why your installed Mods are not showing in the game.
Why aren t my mods showing up in game Sims 4?
There can be different scenarios in which the Mods might not show up in The Sims 4. Here are the main reasons for this issue:
- It might be the case that a specific Mod is not compatible with the game.
- You might have disabled Mods in the game’s settings intentionally or unintentionally which is why you can’t use Mods in the game.
- The Mods folder is not present inside The Sims 4 saves folder.
- Other reasons for the same problem include corrupted game cache files, unzipped Mods folder, outdated game version, and corrupted installation of the game.
The Sims 4 Mods not showing up in game
If the Mods are not showing up or working correctly in The Sims 4 game on your PC, here are the solutions to fix the issue:
- Ensure that Mods are enabled in the game.
- Check if the Mod is compatible.
- Make sure the Mods folder is not missing from The Sims 4 folder.
- Unzip the Mods package.
- Delete the game cache.
- Update The Sims 4.
- Repair the game.
- Reinstall The Sims 4.
1] Ensure that Mods are enabled in the game
The issue is likely to occur if you have disabled Mods in your game’s settings. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, enable Mods in The Sims 4 game. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, open The Sims 4 game, click the Menu button, and press the Game Options.
- Now, move to the Other tab from the left-side pane.
- After that, tick the Enable Custom Content and Mods and Script Mods Allowed checkboxes.
- Next, click on the Apply Changes button to save the settings.
- Finally, relaunch the game and check if the Mods are showing up or not.
2] Check if the Mod is compatible
It might be the case that the Mod is not compatible with The Sims 4 which is why it is not it is not showing up in the game. If you are trying to load an older Mod that was compatible with an older version of The Sims 4, it might be compatible with The Sims 4. Hence, check the compatibility of the Mod and make sure it is compatible with the game.
3] Make sure the Mods folder is not missing from The Sims 4 folder
The Sims 4 game saves are stored in the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder. This folder contains a Mods folder that contains all the downloaded and installed Mods. If the Mods folder is missing from this location, you won’t see them in the game. Hence, make sure the Mods folder is present here. Also, this folder must contain the resource.cfg file.
4] Unzip the Mods package
To make sure that the Mods show up in The Sims 4, check the Mods folder and ensure that the Mods are in unzipped format. Here’s how you can do that:
5] Delete the game cache
It could be a corrupted game cache that is preventing a Mod from showing up in the game. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can clear the game cache to resolve the issue. Here’s how:
First, exit the game completely, open the File Explorer, and move to the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
Now, delete the following files in the above location:
Once the above files are deleted, reopen The Sims 4 game and see if the Mods are showing and working fine or not.
6] Update The Sims 4
If you are using an outdated version of The Sims 4, update the game to its latest build and see if the problem is resolved. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, open the EA App and click on the three-bar menu button.
- Next, select the Settings option.
- Now, go to the Download tab and switch on the Update games automatically toggle.
- Finally, relaunch the EA App and let it update The Sims 4.
- See if the issue is fixed.
7] Reinstall The Sims 4
It could be an incorrect or corrupted installation of The Sims 4 game causing the issue. So, uninstall and then reinstall the game to check if the Mods are showing up and working fine. Here’s how to do that:
- First, open the EA App and go to My Collection.
- Now, hover the mouse over The Sims 4 and then click on the three-dot menu button.
- Next, select the Uninstall option from the appeared options.
- After that, follow the prompted instructions to remove the game.
- Now, restart your PC, launch the EA App, and reinstall The Sims 4.
- You can now add Mods to the game and see if the problem is resolved.
Why is MCCC not showing up in game?
MC Command Center Mod is a popular Mod in The Sims 4 game using which you can customize in-game options without cheats. You can download this Mod from deaderpool-mccc.com and then extract the downloaded folder. After that, copy the unzipped folder and paste it into the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder. The MC Command Center Mod should now show up in the game.
Now read: The SIMS UNABLE TO GO ONLINE.