Windows Security includes a virus and threat protection feature that helps you scan your computer for threats. Microsoft provides this feature as part of its security tool to prevent malware from being installed on your computer. Now that we know how valuable this feature is, what happens if we lose access to it? Your system will not be protected from malicious technologies and unauthorized access. This is the same issue that users are currently facing and trying to resolve. Many users complain that their Virus and threat protection is not working on Windows 11. If you’re having the same issue on your Windows device, this guide might help you.
Unexpected error. Sorry, there’s been a problem. Try again.
Virus & Threat Protection not working on Windows 11/10
If Virus & Threat Protection is not working on your Windows, follow the tips below:
- Run SFC and DISM
- Turn on antivirus and threat protection settings
- Repair and Reset Windows Security
- Restart the Windows security service.
- Check date and time settings
Now let’s look at them in more detail:
1]Run System File Checker and DISM tool.
Sometimes corrupted or faulty system files can also cause this problem. In such a case, you should scan protected Windows files and replace any faulty files.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Run command prompt as administrator. To do this, you first need to open the “Run” dialog box using the button Windows+R keys. Then type cmd in the text box and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open a Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- When it opens, enter the following text string −
- Press the Enter key to start the SFC scan.
- After that, copy and paste the following command into an elevated Command Prompt window:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Once this is completed, restart your device and see if that solves the problem.
read: Your organization manages your virus and threat protection.
2]Enable Virus & threat protection settings.
If you’re still having issues, open Windows Settings and make sure the Virus & Threat Protection settings are turned on. The steps are:
- go to Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection.
- Under Virus and threat protection settingsPress on Settings management connection.
- On the next page, turn on the switch next to real time protection.
fix: Windows security is disabled.
3]Repair and Reset Windows Security
This solution requires repairing and resetting Windows security settings.
- Press Windows Key + X to open the Power User Menu.
- From the menu list, select Applications and features.
- In the right pane, scroll down to Windows Security.
- Then click on the three dots and select Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to the “Reset” section, then press the button Repair button.
- If this does not help, click the button Reload button as shown in the image above.
4]Restart Windows Security Service.
You can then try restarting the Windows Security service and see if that helps. To do this, you can use the following steps:
- Open the Services window. To do this, click the Start button, type Services, and press Enter.
- Scroll down until you find Windows Security Service and double click on it.
- If a Service status is an StoppedPress on Start off button.
- If the service is already running, stop it and then restart it.
read: A list of Microsoft Defender error codes and resolutions.
5]Check date and time settings
In the next method, you must ensure that your data and time are correct. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the taskbar in the lower right corner of your computer screen.
- Right click date and time and select Setting the date and time.
- On the right page go to Additional settings and click on Sync Now button.
- In addition, the date and time can also be set manually. To do this, first you need to turn off the switch next to Set time automatically.
- Then click on Change button next to Set the date and time manually chapter.
- On the next page, set the date and time, and then click the button Change button.
I hope this post helped you understand how to fix the problem if your Virus & Threat Protection in Windows 11/10 is not working. If none of these solutions work, you can always contact Microsoft support and they will help you fix the problem.
related: What is Virus & Threat Protection and how to hide this section
How secure is my computer with Windows Security?
Windows Security is an antivirus program that allows you to manage tools to protect your device and your data. The program prevents malware and ransomware from affecting your computer. It offers many useful features that you would have to pay for if you purchased another security program.
What causes Windows Security to keep closing?
If Windows Security keeps closing on your Windows 11/10 PC, there could be several reasons for this. This could be due to a damaged or corrupted system file, a third-party antivirus, or any other reason. If you encounter this problem, you can try the solutions above in this guide.
related: Troubleshooting definition updates for Microsoft Defender on Windows 11/10.