In Microsoft Office, a text box is an object that allows users to add text to a document or slide; it also moves text anywhere in the document. Users can also add color and outlines to their text fields. In this tutorial, we will explain how to add and remove outlines from text boxes in Microsoft PowerPoint.
How to add or remove a border from a text box in PowerPoint
Follow these steps to add or remove borders or outlines to text boxes or around paragraphs in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Click shape format .
- Click shape outline.
- From the Shape Outline menu, select outline.
- To remove the outline, click shape outlinethen select no fill from the menu.
- The outline of the text field has been removed.
Launch Microsoft PowerPoint.
Then insert a text box into the slide.
The form format will appear in the menu bar; Click here.
Then click shape outline in the Shape Styles group.
The Shape Outline menu has various options you can choose from:
- Add Color: You can add colors to the outline of the text field by selecting color; if you want to see more colors click More colors. In the More Colors dialog box, you can choose from standard colors or custom colors, select options, then press OK.
- Eyedropper: You can also use the Eyedropper; this feature allows users to select the outline color by clicking on screen. Here’s how it works. Click shape-fill and select color. Then click shape outline and select eye dropper. You will see an eyedropper icon. Press color in the text field. Then click shape-fill again and select no fill. You will notice that the color of the text box’s outline matches the color you filled the text box with earlier.
- Thickness: You can also make the outline of the text field thick by selecting weight option in the Shape Outline menu.
- Outline: If thumbnail is selected, the outline of your text field will look like a drawing.
- Strokes: If Strokes is selected, the outline of your text box will appear as a dash. You have a variety of strokes that you can choose from.
- Arrows: The Arrows option does not work with text fields; it can only work with arrows; you’ll notice that it’s grayed out in the Shape Outline menu.
To remove the outline of a shape. Select text box, click shape formatchoose shape outline and select no line.
Where can I find text boxes in PowerPoint?
To find the text box feature in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- Click Insert and select Text box in the Text group.
- Then draw the text box on the slide.
How do you edit a text box in PowerPoint?
To edit text in a text box, do the following: Click on text box and enter your text. You can also change the font, size, color, and alignment of the text in the text box.
How to insert a text box in PowerPoint 2007?
Adding text to a text box on a PowerPoint slide is similar to Microsoft PowerPoint 365. Click Insert and select Text box in the Text group. Then draw the text box on the slide.
Above is the information on how to add or remove a border from a text box in PowerPoint. If you have any questions please ask useguide.net in the comment below. I’m happy to help you.