Am I the only one who has the moment when you missed a call from someone and are curious to know who this number actually belongs to? In this post, we will address this dilemma. We brought to you a genuine guide that will assist you to find out who a number is registered to.
How to find who is this number registered to?
There are various ways to find out who a number is registered to, we have mentioned simple ones below so that you can make use of them.
- Call back the number to find out who called you
- Find out the number in the Reverse telephone directory
- Search for the person on Social Media websites
- Do a web search
- Search on Quora or Reddit
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Call back the number to find out who called you
Isn’t it pretty obvious, the easiest way or hardest way to find out who a number belongs to, is by just giving them a call? Also, check if they have left a voicemail that can unravel their identity. In case, this option is not on your list, move to the next method.
2] Find out the number in the Reverse telephone directory
A reverse telephone directory or lookup is a collection of telephone numbers along with customer details. It is an online service that you too can access. We have mentioned three services to find out the number.
- Socialcatfish.com: It is one of the best websites to find out who a number belongs to. It has an enormous database and to make use of it to find the owner of a number, go to the URL, click on Phone, enter the number, and hit Search. It will find out who is the owner of that number and give you the result.
- Intelius.com: Another easy-to-use Reverse phone directory is Intelius. It is another website that can help you to look for people. The best thing about this is that it doesn’t only work with numbers, but for this guide, we only focus on phone numbers. So, for that, just go to the URL, click on Phone, and search.
- Beenverified.com: Finally, we have beenverified.com. Similar to all the other aforementioned services, this website will also connect you to the owner of a phone number. For that, visit the URL, go to Phone Search > Reverse Phone Lookup, enter the number, and continue.
Hopefully, you will be able to find out who called you. Do keep in mind that even though these services have huge databases, it is quite possible that the phone number you are looking for might not be there. In that case, look for other methods mentioned hereinafter.
3] Search for the person on Social Media websites
Next up, let us look for the person on Social Media sites, especially LinkedIn and Facebook. That’s because these websites, in today’s day and age, most users tend to use these two platforms as their portfolio. So, log into your account, go to Search, enter the number, and proceed. If the search yields any result, click on the presented tile, go to their profile, and check their name.
4] Do a web search
If you think the person that called you is a scam or if you wanted to know whether you have received a call from an organization, the simplest method is to just do a quick Google search. In fact, almost all search engines will give you the result if you received a call from someone notable.
5] Search on Quora or Reddit
In case, the person that is calling is a scam, we are pretty sure that you are not the only one who they called, so, with a quick online search on forums such as Quora or Reddit, you will get the required result. Most victims tend to give a detailed description of the scam, so you can give a quick read and be aware that such a thing can happen to you too.
How can I find out who a number is registered to?
There are various ways to find out who a number is registered to. We have mentioned five simple methods in this article so that you can easily find out who has called you. If you are suspicious, do not call that person without finding out who they are.
Related: How to find a Cell Phone Number Online?
How can I find details of a phone number?
With the help of Reverse Phone Directory or Lookup, you can find out who is the owner of that number. There are other methods to do the same, we have mentioned all of them in this post. Just go through the list and you will find what you are looking for.