You know that summer is the right time to change your diet? The greater your risk of outdoors – and sweat – is your dehydration, your skin sensitivities, your health problems and vitamin and mineral deficiencies. The easy solution (and delicious)? “Eat local fruits during the season.
Hydration Importance Facts :
Most of us associate dehydration with muscle cramps, tiredness, and extreme hunger when more water is being taken from our bodies than we are. These are only a few of the effects of subpar hydration. But did you know your brain is affected by dehydration?
It is about 73 percent of the water that is in our brain. Our thinking and cognition can suffer if we do not keep up with our water supply, especially when it is hot or when exercising. A study shows a significant shrinkage of brain tissue1 in adolescents who have been exercising for 90 minutes at dry conditions, much like a sponge.
Indeed, a 2% reduction in body water weight (only 3 lbs in 150 lbs) can lead to short-term memory, attention and visual engine tracking difficulties2. If you plan for this whole summer to use your noggin (even to read the latest novel in Romance), it is imperative that you do it well.
Other signs of dehydration include appetite loss, dry mouth, mild constipation and provisional lightheadedness. The color of your urine is a good measure of your hydration level. Pale urine (stroke colour) shows an adequately hydrated urine, whereas darker urine shows that your body will need more fluids, quickly.
Top 5 fruits and vegetables that will keep you hydrated on Summer :
- This spicy fruit reduces the level of cholesterol and helps burn fat. It contains 90,5% water and helps stabilize the level of blood sugar. Grapefruit is dense in nutritional terms. It is loaded with nutrients to help your body thrive, despite having relatively few calories. Many different health benefits have also been found.
2. This spicy fruit reduces the level of cholesterol and helps burn fat. It contains 90,5% water and helps stabilize the level of blood sugar. Grapefruit is dense in nutritional terms. It is loaded with nutrients to help your body thrive, despite having relatively few calories. Many different health benefits have also been found.
3. Watermelons are generally water – around 92% – but nutrients are absorbed into this refreshing fruit. A large number of lycopes, antioxidants and amino acids are available in each juicy bite. Even the amount of potassium is modest. Moreover, this quintessential summer snack is fat-free with only 40 calories per cup very low in sodium.
4. ‘The water content of cucumbers is high at 95% ‘Therefore a portion of sliced cucumber, about 120 g, is nearly as efficient for moisturizing the body as a glass of water. It also contains important electrolytes like potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, which overburden its hydrating characteristics.
5. The strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food packed with vitamins, fiber and especially high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols. The top 20 antioxidant fruits are a good source of manganese and potassium. One portion—about 8 strawberries—contains more vitamin C than orange.
Hope this post will helpful to someone , Do support on our site and share it with your friends and family. Thank you..