MS Teams supports up to mid-2021 live events with 20k users
- Microsoft has extended the temporary cap increase until July 2021 for live events.
- In 50 simultaneous events, up to 20,000 participants are approved.
- Using only the right software for the company for collaboration. Get your ideas from our Teamwork Hub.
- In the Market section, you can find other technical instruments that any organization can benefit from.
If you run a wide company and use Microsoft Teams for meetings and work sessions on a regular basis, you will be happy to find out that the software can now be used up to the end of June 2021 with extended usage restrictions.
Microsoft is expanding temporary access caps for teams for the third time, with the previous ones revealed back in April and June 2020.
Limits on temporary use for live events are still open.
MS Teams have seen a steady rise in their daily user base since the outbreak breakout, with a noticeable boom in the first week of the stay-at-home law. Teams are used on a regular basis by over 100 million people, according to recent estimates, while Zoom is used by over 300 million people. So it’s only logical that, through all its offerings, Microsoft is trying to remain appealing and encourage contact and collaboration.
As a result, live events will continue to be held in Teams, Yammer or Stream under the following limits:
- Up to 250 participants in Teams Meetings
- Up to 20,000 attendees in live events through Teams, Stream, and Yammer
- Up to 100,000 attendees in Stream when planned through live events assistance program
- On-demand recordings for unlimited numbers of viewers for those who cannot attend
- 50 simultaneous events hosted across a tenant
- 16 hours event broadcast time
It must be noted that for up to 1,000 participants, interactive meetings are open, while the rest of the participants (up to 20,000) can enjoy a view-only experience.
With such great news for large corporations, one must certainly be on the lookout for changes to the app. The new one enables users to move calls to mobile devices from a PC.
Does it fit with your organization to make this announcement? In the comments, tell us.